Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho 9000 adjustment

Old 05-11-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho 9000 adjustment

So I finally installed my lift wheels and tires going on today really excited !! Only one question what's a good streetable setting for the rancho shocks on a 2.5" lift ... Also what setting do ppl prefer offroad as well ??
Old 05-11-2014, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I normally run 3 in the front and 4 in the rear. Just mess around with them until you find a combination you like. Adjusting takes about 2 minutes.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zacjackson
I normally run 3 in the front and 4 in the rear. Just mess around with them until you find a combination you like. Adjusting takes about 2 minutes.

Is it the higher the number the stiffer the shock ?
Old 05-11-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KnappsJKU
Is it the higher the number the stiffer the shock ?
Yes, that is correct
Old 05-11-2014, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks a lot guys
Old 05-11-2014, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

I run mine at one all around on the street for a plush ride. When I pull a trailer and have gear in the back I bump it all the way up. I usually run at 9 when rock crawling. I mess with it quite a bit just to experiment.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

What is the trick to keeping the dials easy to turn. I tried adjusting and they are a PITA.
I just installed about 1 month ago so it's not like there old. Currently 2 on front and 4 on back.
When turning it seems like it will move 1 spot and one I couldn't turn. I sprayed some white lithium grease today on the dial and hopefully this will free them.
There hard to move now I'm worried about after next winter as we have lots of snow and salt here.
Any suggestions would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2014, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Ok I have a dumb question so try and take it easy on me. JKU 2.5 pro comp, 35's, front, rear and side rails all body armor. I have decided on the 9000xl for the adjust ability. My question is once I swap out the shocks, will I need to seal out the springs as well to smooth out my ride? Right now it's pretty stiff and I'm hoping the adjustability will make a significant difference.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by briancarter
Ok I have a dumb question so try and take it easy on me. JKU 2.5 pro comp, 35's, front, rear and side rails all body armor. I have decided on the 9000xl for the adjust ability. My question is once I swap out the shocks, will I need to seal out the springs as well to smooth out my ride? Right now it's pretty stiff and I'm hoping the adjustability will make a significant difference.
I bought my jeep with the lift already installed. Best I could tell is that it was a 3-4 inch pro comp lift. It was a very stiff ride. I started with the same thing you ate thinking and went with the 9000. Helped a little bit to be honest I ended up changing nearly every procomp component to piece together another lift by the time I got the ride I was looking for. At a minimum you will probably end up changing out the coils also to see a noticeable impact. Being that you are only 2.5 inches there are less issues that need to be corrected than what I had to deal with. I would also highly recommend the aev drop brackets. Those 3 things should get you in the ball park.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Rancho 9000 adjustment