Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho?

Old 09-17-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho?

So from what it looks like i see alot of really good looking rancho gear for the JKs, but i dont think i have seen one person on here yet sporting any kind of rancho rock gear. Does anyone have anything from rancho?

Do they just suck that bad? or are they over priced?

i was just wondering what the deal was here im looking and possibly getting a new exhaust... the rancho cat back system, and was just hoping to get some input

thanks guys,

Zack
Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i run their exhaust now and like it a lot. off road evolution runs it on their JK too. as far as rock gear goes, MUD PLZ has a bunch on his JK and it's really nice stuff.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i run their exhaust now and like it a lot. off road evolution runs it on their JK too. as far as rock gear goes, MUD PLZ has a bunch on his JK and it's really nice stuff.
Thanks for the response I just looked up some of mud plz'z pics. Very nice looking stuff. I just wonder how it holds up and how tuff it is.

I hear all the time how great terraflex is with their support, and how off the heezy FT is, but rancho i just dont hear much about and i would like to know more from experience so i can possibly go that route next time around. Im putting my wish list together.

...so far im not doing anything i did the first time again

20' rims?...y?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

*Cough*Bump*Cough* Anyone else with rancho rock gear?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have most of the rock gear that rancho offers. It is all top notch and well configured.. Their rock gear line up is fairly new but I think you will start to see more of it on JK's over time.

I have lots of pics if there is anything specific you were looking at I can post them up.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MUD PLZ
I have most of the rock gear that rancho offers. It is all top notch and well configured.. Their rock gear line up is fairly new but I think you will start to see more of it on JK's over time.

I have lots of pics if there is anything specific you were looking at I can post them up.
Well i saw the whole set up they had at the truck fest so i have a pretty clear picture of what it all looks like. It just seems like its extremely well built and from what i saw it offers ALOT more protection than most other kits so i was looking at getting it possibly. plus its red, how kool is that . I just wanted to hear from someone who had some of it to make sure it was a good kit worth the price and all. About how much did you pay for the whole set up?

As for the pics. i would love to see as many as you have, just to get an even better look at it all. But whatever you can post would be great.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the control arm skids are nice, but i would prefer to weld them on, so the excess cost for the bolt on option to me isnt worth it.

doors look nice.
Anyone have them & an opinion on them?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
the control arm skids are nice, but i would prefer to weld them on, so the excess cost for the bolt on option to me isnt worth it.

doors look nice.
Anyone have them & an opinion on them?
again i played with them a bit at truck fest when everything was closing down for the week and they seem VERY sturdy. I would have to say i opened and closed them a good 10 times just because i was so excited

But yeah i dont know about durability or anything but just from my little bit of experience they seem very sturdy and well made.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here ya go!

Old 09-20-2008, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MUD PLZ
Here ya go!

I know alot of people are against having colored components under their jeep, but i just love the powder coat red...Looks awesome mud plz. Thanks for posting the pics for me

Quick Reply: Rancho?