Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho 4" Sport Lift Rebate

Old 07-18-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone running the MT7000 shocks? If so how is the ride & handling.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone running the MT7000 shocks? If so how is the ride & handling. The reason I ask is that I ordered the 4" sport lift, disconnect kit, and MT7000 shocks. I ran into an issue where the front drive shaft will not connect to the differential. With the frame up on jack stands and suspension at full travel I lack about 1.5" to 2.0" of drive shaft travel (hits the trans. skid) to bolt up. Many fellow members suggested I purchase a new drive shaft with smaller diameter to get enough movement to bolt up. I have that on order but Rancho tech support contacted me telling me that I have the wrong shocks and that I should change them to the 9000 series since they are about 1" shorter travel. He further commented the 7000s were designed to work with the long arm kits. I pointed out that their website shows that you could choose 5000s, 7000s, or 9000s. He said the ride will be firm. I pointed out that Ribicons come with high pressure gas shocks from Jeep and that is why I decided to keep with the HP gas shocks. In the end they want me to purchase an additional $200 worth of shocks that to me might actually affect the off road performance. I am waiting for the shaft to ship which I guess take about 2-weeks for build and then ship from Coast. Any opinions?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KMHENRY77
Anyone running the MT7000 shocks? If so how is the ride & handling. The reason I ask is that I ordered the 4" sport lift, disconnect kit, and MT7000 shocks. I ran into an issue where the front drive shaft will not connect to the differential. With the frame up on jack stands and suspension at full travel I lack about 1.5" to 2.0" of drive shaft travel (hits the trans. skid) to bolt up. Many fellow members suggested I purchase a new drive shaft with smaller diameter to get enough movement to bolt up. I have that on order but Rancho tech support contacted me telling me that I have the wrong shocks and that I should change them to the 9000 series since they are about 1" shorter travel. He further commented the 7000s were designed to work with the long arm kits. I pointed out that their website shows that you could choose 5000s, 7000s, or 9000s. He said the ride will be firm. I pointed out that Ribicons come with high pressure gas shocks from Jeep and that is why I decided to keep with the HP gas shocks. In the end they want me to purchase an additional $200 worth of shocks that to me might actually affect the off road performance. I am waiting for the shaft to ship which I guess take about 2-weeks for build and then ship from Coast. Any opinions?
I ran into that with my install as well and I had the 9000's (so thats not the answer). My solution was to just take off the skid plate to reattach the DS and then put it back once it was back on the ground. It's fine until I go wheeling so I've got a few summer months to save for that new DS. Don't like wheeling when its 110+ outside anyway.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got some more info for you. I talked to our engineers about this, on the SPORT system we suggest the shorter RS9000XL's or the RS5000, even though the RS7000MT will work but will require a DS to get the most out of the shocks. We also suggest using a couple of washers on the front brace (1/4") to get that extra flex. Since the RS7000Mt's are a high pressure shock they are great for lifted/large tire vehicles.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
I got some more info for you. I talked to our engineers about this, on the SPORT system we suggest the shorter RS9000XL's or the RS5000, even though the RS7000MT will work but will require a DS to get the most out of the shocks. We also suggest using a couple of washers on the front brace (1/4") to get that extra flex. Since the RS7000Mt's are a high pressure shock they are great for lifted/large tire vehicles.
Great butI don't understand, on what brace?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great butI don't understand, on what brace?
Right about there.

Last edited by Rancho; 07-20-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited and I'm looking at the Sport Lift. Is there anything I need to know? How does this system work with the Rubi and is there anything else that I might need to buy as well? Also, looking at the 9000's
Old 07-21-2012, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FirewalkerSahara

Congrats! I was told about 8 weeks.. 6 to go. Was there a way to check the status of your rebate or no?
Not that I know of...but it didn't take as long as I expected.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkambulance
I have a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited and I'm looking at the Sport Lift. Is there anything I need to know? How does this system work with the Rubi and is there anything else that I might need to buy as well? Also, looking at the 9000's
From my experience, you will need a front drives shaft on the Rubi plus the sway bar kit.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dono2020

Not that I know of...but it didn't take as long as I expected.
I had to call their tech line, 734-384-7804, and while on hold the recording had an 800 number you could call for rebate status, I was driving so I couldn't write it down.

Quick Reply: Rancho 4" Sport Lift Rebate