Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho 4" Sport Lift Rebate

Old 05-10-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dela11
Thanks for the quick responses. Is a 4" lift overkill for a daily driver? I see some 2.5" that look ok, but a lot of them you can't are lifted. I want the look of a lifted jeep without too much gap between the fender and 35" tire looking stupid. 35" is the largest tire I will go with this Jeep.

Rancho,
Where can I find the 3" Sport lift? I've seen nothing since your initial announcement. I'm thinking that might be a better choice for me but I can't find any info on it.
I just installed this lift a couple of weeks ago and love the look with 35s. Went out on some trails last weekend and was able to stuff the ties with no rubbing whatsoever. Here is a driveway poser shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1548729674.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	315066

Next is new driveshafts and the control arm upgrade once I get approval from my CFO.

For those worried about on road manners, I daily drive my JKU 50 miles a day and it drives great!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick responses. Is a 4" lift overkill for a daily driver? I see some 2.5" that look ok, but a lot of them you can't are lifted. I want the look of a lifted jeep without too much gap between the fender and 35" tire looking stupid. 35" is the largest tire I will go with this Jeep.

Rancho,
Where can I find the 3" Sport lift? I've seen nothing since your initial announcement. I'm thinking that might be a better choice for me but I can't find any info on it.
i have only had it installed for less than 24 hours now, but it is my daily driver. I just finished up getting my front aligned an went for a spin on the highway. I didn't notice any handleing issues on the highway as a matter of fact i think it handles better than stock IMHO. I will say if you chose this kit you will be happy you did. Now i am just waitng on the rebate card
Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

So I have been doing a lot of research on the forum, but still have many questions. I'm looking for a lift for my daily driver. I'm looking at this kit because of the rebate but I keep reading how a 4" lift will require many other parts to be replaced (driveshaft, etc.). I have a 2007 Sahara manual DD that I wan to put 35" tires on. I'm looking for a quality lift but have a tighter budget. I want to put on a lift that will not cause issues down the road. Will this 4" lift or the 3" Sport (that I can't find any info on anywhere) cause future issues and do I need anything other than the lift to run this kit? Please, educate me!
I had the same question..
Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed the new 4 inch sport system with 35 in MTR K's and I love the stance and don't feel their is too big of a gap between the fenders and tires... Here's a pic for ya:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1354149692.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	318242

I was also told that with a manual transmission you don't have to be as concerned with the front driveshaft. I have put about 50 miles on it on setting 3 on the 9000XL's and the ride is great. Mine is a daily driver also.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rancho,
They are now in stock with Rancho retailers. I always suggest looking to vendors who support this forum.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flashgordon007
I had the same question..
This question was addressed by Ranch and myself. I included considerable dialogue and pictures showing my front drive shaft's condition after 19 months of use.

Originally Posted by Rancho
With our SPORT systems, you do not need to replace the driveshafts. But if you do find yourself on the trail in high articulation situations you will need to address the driveshaft issue sooner than latter. Keep an eye on the driveshaft as part of routine maintenance.
Also with this systems you can upgrade down the road to with our control arms.

And in regards to Qaudaratec everyone is correct, they take our systems and make it easier to order with end links, etc.
Originally Posted by Hook-Em
X2 on this. Mine will be two years old in September and I have yet to experience any significant signs of impending doom. I do all my own periodic maintenance and use that time to roll around under the Jeep and check out the entire suspension and drive shafts. I look for any evidence of the drive shafts contacting the skids that span the frame rails. I also check the CV boot and the spline boot to makes sure there are no cracks, tears, or cuts in the boots. Finally, I look for any sign of slinging grease at the CV boots. Two oil changes ago I began to observe some very small signs of grease slinging from my front DS CV boot. It appears to be coming out from underneath the boot clamp itself and not from a failed boot. Here are pics of what I've seen. I will continue to monitor it for signs of impending doom. If/when the boot gives up, I'll replace the drive shaft with an aftermarket drive shaft. Until then it's business as usual.

Mild grease slinging from the end of the CV boot onto the insulation. The grease appears to be coming out from underneath the metal band clamp which secures the boot onto the drive shaft.
Attachment 315015

Notice the discoloration of the drive shaft (rusted portion) where some of the residual grease remains on the shaft. The crimped part of the band clamp is on the opposite side of the shaft, but grease is plainly visible at this location.
Attachment 315016
Basically, it is all going to come down to your individual plans for your Jeep.

If you Jeep is going to be a daily driver with occasional moderate to difficult wheeling, I think you'll be good to go with the Rancho 4" Sport kit. Keep an eye on your front drive shaft. If the CV boot tears and begins to fling grease everywhere, you get an upgrade. As long as it continues to maintain integrity, keep using it as is.

If your Jeep is going to be used as an over-the-top rock crawler, then this kit may not be what you want. At least without some additional consideration made immediately, it won't be.

I hope this answers your questions.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 4in crawler system question

So ive been reading through this forum and decided it is time to lift the 2 week old 2012 JK. The question i have is does anyone know if the RANCHO 4 in crawler system (RS66104/B) comes with an adjustable track bar? I was looking for a kit with upper and lower control arms and this kit has them but for some reason they do not include the adjustable track bar. is that bar something i would need to purchase or should purchase as well?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kalopoulos
So ive been reading through this forum and decided it is time to lift the 2 week old 2012 JK. The question i have is does anyone know if the RANCHO 4 in crawler system (RS66104/B) comes with an adjustable track bar? I was looking for a kit with upper and lower control arms and this kit has them but for some reason they do not include the adjustable track bar. is that bar something i would need to purchase or should purchase as well?

We don't have a track bar with this system, we found that the system is center well with out it, it is an option down the road.
Our 2012 on 35's.

Another stuff....

Last edited by Rancho; 06-04-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

I'm running the 4" Sport Lift and 35" Duratrac on Black Rhino Wheels. I noticed a bit of fender rubbing under articulation and turning. i.e. rock crawling.

I have stock painted fenders, and no I don't want to trim them or replace them just yet...

Is anyone running additional bump stops to prevent fender rubbing? If so, what kind and how much more bump stop needed for 35"?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Proof of purchase?

So i ordered the 4 inch rancho crawler lift for my 2012 rubicon from amazon last week. Does anyone know if the Amazon invoice is proper proof of purchase for the rebate?

Quick Reply: Rancho 4" Sport Lift Rebate