Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho 4" Sport Lift Rebate

Old 04-04-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Resolved

Having an itch is bad. Scratching an itch is good. Sometimes bad things lead to good.

I'm referring to the problem I had with my Rancho 4" Sport Lift supplier who, due to warehouseman lexdysia, sent me the wrong front shocks (RS999239 instead of RS999329). As described in my earlier post (4/1), I received the kit and more last Friday (3/30) after ordering it on Tuesday (3/27). Upon noticing the problem I sent their orders department an e-mail on Saturday (3/31) explaining the problem with a copy of their own e-mail shipping notice showing the wrong part number. The correct shocks wrere delivered today! (4/4)

Now that's what I call service!

Sorry I can't mention the name of my supplier because i don't see them in the Sponsoring Vendor list.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
This kit has drop down brackets in the front... makes it steer like stock... but they can get hung up on the rocks. The coils... they are as good as any coils that lift 4 inches.
The relocation brackets are not as good in "terrible rocks" as a whole set of adjustable control arms would be... but for another 1100 bucks you could do that at some later date. I've hit the passeger side hard on the bracket once... it was fine... just a couple flat spots.

I've ran trails in Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Utah, Colorado... and it has always been much better then stock.
Will it be great on the "little Sluice"? err... no. But for what most of us get to do it will get you there and back!

A good kit to compare value with is the AEV kit... look at the price in that kit which is basicly the same idea- and you realize this kit is a great value!

I added JKS rear spring retainers and a weld on rear trackbar brace on the axle. I also added tera flex front spring retainers.
I welded the trackbar drop bracket to the frame, and used an EVO steering brace.

So with my extras I had 740 into the lift.

Bump stops, and the shocks travel long enough to get you pretty good flex. It relocates brake lines... it rides nice and is adjustable.

IT's not going to give you the flex of a long arm kit... it's not going to make you a better driver.

35"s fit with no problem, no rubbing, no triming.
I think Sunnysideup pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
I think Sunnysideup pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.
Thanks Hook-Em and Sunnysideup. That's just the confirmation I was looking for. Based upon that assessment, this kit looks like it will suit my needs just fine and not break the bank.

Rancho Kit arrived 2 days ago. Awaiting wheels and 35" tires to be delivered. Then up it goes! Only 500 miles on my JKU. So ready to grow up
Old 04-05-2012, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been looking into get the Rnacho 4 inch short arm kit. The $500 rebate is really hard to pass up. My dealer quoted me $2199.00 the short arm in red, with shocks and end-link kit.
It seems like a fair deal.

I've already ordered my rims and tires.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kingoneyl

Thanks Hook-Em and Sunnysideup. That's just the confirmation I was looking for. Based upon that assessment, this kit looks like it will suit my needs just fine and not break the bank.

Rancho Kit arrived 2 days ago. Awaiting wheels and 35" tires to be delivered. Then up it goes! Only 500 miles on my JKU. So ready to grow up
Any update on your kit? How do you like it?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cocokrispes
Any update on your kit? How do you like it?
I love the stance it provides. With the addition of the 4" lift and 35" tires, I'm right at 5 1/2" taller at the fenders and rock rails. The lift also leveled out the rake of the front end so the JK sits level now. I set the RS9000XL shocks on 3 for around town driving. Feels pretty good there. Just need some more miles and trying different setting to decide how I want it dialed in for daily driving. I haven't had a chance to get off road yet to see how it flexes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2541.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	305997Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2543.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	305998Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	305999Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2533.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	306000
Old 04-18-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=kingoneyl;2967631]I love the stance it provides. With the addition of the 4" lift and 35" tires, I'm right at 5 1/2" taller at the fenders and rock rails. The lift also leveled out the rake of the front end so the JK sits level now. I set the RS9000XL shocks on 3 for around town driving. Feels pretty good there. Just need some more miles and trying different setting to decide how I want it dialed in for daily driving. I haven't had a chance to get off road yet to see how it flexes. [QUOTE]

It looks great. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rancho $500 Rebate

I ordered my Rancho 4" Sport Lift on 3/29/12. Got the lift installed 2 weeks later on 4/13 and submitted the rebate form. Got my $500 Visa card in the mail today, 5/8/12. Less than 4 weeks from the time I submitted the form.

Thanks Rancho!

Now what to buy with it???
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kingoneyl
I ordered my Rancho 4" Sport Lift on 3/29/12. Got the lift installed 2 weeks later on 4/13 and submitted the rebate form. Got my $500 Visa card in the mail today, 5/8/12. Less than 4 weeks from the time I submitted the form.

Thanks Rancho!

Now what to buy with it???
That is pretty fast, as it gets closer to the end of the rebate, June 30th, they will start to get a little busier.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

So, where is the best place to buy from on this lift or the trail system?

Quick Reply: Rancho 4" Sport Lift Rebate