Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho 4" Sport Lift Rebate

Old 04-01-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long do you have to wait for the rebate?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I'm finally sold on a lift kit. Hard to beat getting a $1200-$1400 lift for only 600 bucks. Reviews seem to be solid across the board and it's an easy kit to upgrade if I need to down the road. Seems like a win-win.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Default Rebate Debate

Originally Posted by Delux2769
I've read it can take a couple of months to get the rebate. It comes in the form of a debit card with $500 balance. You can use it anywhere like a credit card. That's what I read.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running this kit for over 18 months and am super please with it. For a DD with a 4" lift used for occasional moderate to difficult wheeling, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything better under $600. When I bought mine it took 6 weeks to get the Visa gift card in the mail.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverJK12
I like Rancho and they don't get the reputation they deserve. The shocks are awesome from what I hear!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by wayoflife
being that you live in florida and won't be seeing a whole lot of rocks, this is a great deal and a really nice kit that i think you will enjoy a lot. i would highly recommend it.
See you on the trail tomorrow out here in Moab.

Originally Posted by Delux2769
We quote 8 to 10 weeks from our clearinghouse house, but I have seen 4-6 weeks.

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
I've been running this kit for over 18 months and am super please with it. For a DD with a 4" lift used for occasional moderate to difficult wheeling, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything better under $600. When I bought mine it took 6 weeks to get the Visa gift card in the mail.
As usual thank you for the positive comments.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed this kit about a month ago and love it so far. Just another reason to whore my new jeep pictures...
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
being that you live in florida and won't be seeing a whole lot of rocks, this is a great deal and a really nice kit that i think you will enjoy a lot. i would highly recommend it.
I had ordered the kit and awaiting arrival and install.

However I'm curious about this quote? Is WayofLife saying this Rancho 4" Sport Lift can't do rocks?

I live in Alabama where we have hills and rock, and rocks normally covered in mud. So I'm curious about statement?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Wondering the same thing.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think he's just saying your not getting a ton of extra flex from this kit and therefore not the best choice for rock crawling... Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

This kit has drop down brackets in the front... makes it steer like stock... but they can get hung up on the rocks. The coils... they are as good as any coils that lift 4 inches.
The relocation brackets are not as good in "terrible rocks" as a whole set of adjustable control arms would be... but for another 1100 bucks you could do that at some later date. I've hit the passeger side hard on the bracket once... it was fine... just a couple flat spots.

I've ran trails in Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, Utah, Colorado... and it has always been much better then stock.
Will it be great on the "little Sluice"? err... no. But for what most of us get to do it will get you there and back!

A good kit to compare value with is the AEV kit... look at the price in that kit which is basicly the same idea- and you realize this kit is a great value!

I added JKS rear spring retainers and a weld on rear trackbar brace on the axle. I also added tera flex front spring retainers.
I welded the trackbar drop bracket to the frame, and used an EVO steering brace.

So with my extras I had 740 into the lift.

Bump stops, and the shocks travel long enough to get you pretty good flex. It relocates brake lines... it rides nice and is adjustable.

IT's not going to give you the flex of a long arm kit... it's not going to make you a better driver.

35"s fit with no problem, no rubbing, no triming.

Quick Reply: Rancho 4" Sport Lift Rebate