Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho

Old 04-13-2012, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawlzy
Has there been any known issues reported with the front drive shaft on the JKU with the 4inch lift? Keep in mind this jeep is not being used for hardcore off roading either.

I have kit on my 07 jk with 9000 and my boot has torn on ds. Waiting on coast to come in to replace it
Old 04-13-2012, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Default Hijacking this thread...

Sorry, but since it's still an active thread I have a question about the rebate debit card. Is it good anywhere or only on Rancho products?
Old 04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used mine last year to buy Halloween costumes at Spirit Costumes...
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alflinn
Good to know, thanks. My only concern would have been not being able to pick up groceries or what ever with it.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

It made me sick to not use it for jeep stuf.....
Old 04-13-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
BAM!

Fill out the rebate PDF and get that out sooner than latter. As we get closer to June 30, 2012, the end of the Shock and Awe rebate, that is when it takes the clearinghouse a little more to process the paperwork.
And thanks!
Great thats good to know. So from what i gather on the rebate form i just mail the form and a copy of my purchase order (receipt) to the address on the bottom? If thats all i need can mail it tomorrow i thought i would have to wait till it got here to cut off the bar codes like a lot of rebates require.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alflinn
Did it give you an option to just deposite it into your bank account?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawlzy
Did it give you an option to just deposite it into your bank account?
It's not cash, it comes as a prepaid visa.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yah it's a prepaid visa. It sure is easy to spend a $500 prepaid visa...
Old 04-13-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

I have the sport kit installed on a 2007 Jk 4 door with the RS9000 shocks. Like the previous poster in town I have to run them on the lowest setting as it can be a pretty damn stiff ride.

I was initially skeptical of the kit as there was not very many reviews and a general distaste for Rancho products, however with the rebate it makes it very difficult to pass up. A couple of observations of the kit.

Front Track Bar Drop Bracket: The bracket is a drop mount on the frame side. It does exactly what its suppose to do. The way it bolts to the existing track bar made me nervous. (Instructions do say to beef it up by welding the bracket. I dont have a welder and wasnt sure how long I was going to keep this kit on) All the discussions about Death Wobble and how violent it can be just made me wonder all the time about that bracket. I went ahead and ordered the Teraflex Trackbar Relocation bracket that actually bolts directly to the frame. I feel much more comfortable with that bracket and how it mounts. Drops the trackbar the same distance as the Rancho. And like the Rancho bracket there is NO death wobble.

Upper Front Control Arms: The kit utilizes the stock control arms but the steering always felt a little "flighty". Again it didnt wander but it was definately light feeling. Went ahead and ordered a set of Upper Adjustable control arms that allowed me to angle back slightly which firmed up the overall steering feeling.

Again, good kit, which is easy to install. Handles trail riding like a champ, not sure how it would actually do in a more difficult environment.

Hope this helps

PS.... NO SAGGING AS OF YET AND ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR

Quick Reply: Rancho