Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho

Old 04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shawlzy
How heavy duty are the front coils? Will there be a lot of sag with the aftermarket front bumper and winch? I would like to keep the jeep as level as possible, and do not want and rake in the front. I seem to be pretty set on the 9000 series shocks, but will have to look the 7000 series.

Here is a pic of a JKU with 35's with a bumper/winch combo and no spacer, this is the closest I have to a level pic.
We also have. 75" spacers RS70082 (although you mentioned you really didn't want to go this route)

Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancho
Here is a pic of a JKU with 35's with a bumper/winch combo and no spacer, this is the closest I have to a level pic.
We also have. 75" spacers RS70082 (although you mentioned you really didn't want to go this route)

Has there been any known issues reported with the front drive shaft on the JKU with the 4inch lift? Keep in mind this jeep is not being used for hardcore off roading either.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Has there been any known issues reported with the front drive shaft on the JKU with the 4inch lift? Keep in mind this jeep is not being used for hardcore off roading either.
I know of a few that have had to replace theirs but they were pushing it in the real twisty stuff. I always suggest keeping an eye on it as a part of routine maintenance, but I think in your application you should be good to go, but again keep an eye on it.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know of a few that have had to replace theirs but they were pushing it in the real twisty stuff. I always suggest keeping an eye on it as a part of routine maintenance, but I think in your application you should be good to go, but again keep an eye on it.
Yeah there won't be any heavy twisty stuff jsut the usual trails. I think i am goign to go without the spacers also and try my luck i just hope the front doesnt sag to far. Thanks for all the fast answers to my questions.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do have one more question. Didn't this kit used to come with front end links or does it still and they are just not pictured? Thanks!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I do have one more question. Didn't this kit used to come with front end links or does it still and they are just not pictured? Thanks!
On kit number RS6507(B) the SPORT still need the end links (RS6753B)

On Kit number RS66012B (the new 4" SPORT) it comes with extended length front sway bar end links.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I see that now all the pictures I seen was for the rubicon kit. Anyway I just pulled the trigger and ordered the kit with 9000 series shocks.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Cool

Yeah I see that now all the pictures I seen was for the rubicon kit. Anyway I just pulled the trigger and ordered the kit with 9000 series shocks.
BAM!

Fill out the rebate PDF and get that out sooner than latter. As we get closer to June 30, 2012, the end of the Shock and Awe rebate, that is when it takes the clearinghouse a little more to process the paperwork.
And thanks!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm greatly considering the new 2" with the 5000's as opposed to the TG BB or daystar. Rancho will I need the exhaust spacer for my 12? Is there anything else at all needed for the kit?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by hombredelassrtas
I'm greatly considering the new 2" with the 5000's as opposed to the TG BB or daystar. Rancho will I need the exhaust spacer for my 12? Is there anything else at all needed for the kit?
No need with this system on the 12 to use our cross over pipe. Go with the RS9000XL's if your budget allows.

Quick Reply: Rancho