Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho 2" Sport Suspension System on a JKU

Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtkersh
On the alignment, my experience has been on both a 2DR and 4DR 2013 that we just needed to adjust the drag link to recenter the steering well. The rest appears fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Good to know!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtkersh
On the alignment, my experience has been on both a 2DR and 4DR 2013 that we just needed to adjust the drag link to recenter the steering well. The rest appears fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
With my 33's and this lift, I didn't have to adjust anything after the lift, it was all dead center, maybe I was just lucky?

As an update to this kit, so far it has been worth every penny.

I understand the limitations of this kit, and for what it is I still recommend it if you are in my situation, which is basically what I consider to be a performance leveling kit with a small lift
I was able to get a free pair of rear links from another member to get my front sway bar closer to level as well so that helped too.

And the shocks work... for DD'ing and when the wife is driving it I run 1 in the front and 3 in the rear.
After a week of keeping it there i adjusted it to 8/10 and almost immediately noticed a difference in ride quality while on the road, much stiffer. Now i just need to get off road!!!

My only negative is to anyone with a stock bumper, there is a 1/4 inch difference higher in the front.
Which is especially concerning if you tow a lot, because with my 2 door, I had MAJOR backwards rake when towing with the TF leveling kit and 18/57 springs

I know Rancho said they take custom front bumpers into consideration, so if you don't tow this kit is perfect

Last edited by Namtaru; 05-07-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Looks like you were going camping!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
Looks like you were going camping!!!
That's exactly right

With my jet ski.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just a heads up to anyone looking at this kit, it's back in stock at Amazon at $375 (it was oos for the last week or two)

Only 5 left !!!

4 door kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ISVZ1K/

Last edited by Namtaru; 05-09-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a great product. I have the 3'' lift by Rancho on my 2007 JKU . Love the leveled look!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Can't wait for amazon to start carrying the 2dr kit. Hopefully they get it before the rebate deal ends. :eek:

Sent from work on company time.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by klankster
Can't wait for amazon to start carrying the 2dr kit. Hopefully they get it before the rebate deal ends. :eek:

Sent from work on company time.
I am not too sure when it will happen. But I do know that guys are buying the 4 door from Amazon and buying a 1.75" (and I hear a 2" spacer) and STILL coming out WAY ahead than other options.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

I am not too sure when it will happen. But I do know that guys are buying the 4 door from Amazon and buying a 1.75" (and I hear a 2" spacer) and STILL coming out WAY ahead than other options.
Ok cool, I might end up doing that then. Just to clarify, the 4dr and 2dr coils are the same?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I attached my trailer today, and with the hard top on there was definitely some backwards rake going on, and i only have a single place stand up jet ski trailer, its not even that heavy.
If I were to replace the .75" space with a 1.75" spacer, what else if anything would/should I fix on the rear end?

I'm assuming some new links for a start, but not sure if anything else.

Quick Reply: Rancho 2" Sport Suspension System on a JKU