Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho 2" Sport Lift Kit

Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho 2" Sport Lift Kit

Hey everyone,

I currently have a bone stock '11 JK 2dr sport, and want to fit 33" tires. I think that a 2" lift will be the best compromise between looks/performance/practicality (would still like to park in underground garages).

I've noticed the 2" Rancho Sport system and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this kit? It's pretty cheap since it comes with both shocks and springs (I would go for the XL shocks). I don't plan on doing any extreme wheeling, just some trails. How does it fare? Will my this change my stock ride significantly?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for any help!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What are your long term goals? Do you see yourself going "bigger" and hitting moderate/tougher trails down the road? You mention not but if you do if so save your money and go to a 3-4" system.
But this system at this price is AWESOME.
Often times people say it rides better, because of the shocks work well with the new springs.
Most of the time the shocks cost around 90-$110 per corner.
Made in the USA as well, and covered by our Limited Lifetime Warranty as well.

Originally Posted by Kichu
Hey everyone,

I currently have a bone stock '11 JK 2dr sport, and want to fit 33" tires. I think that a 2" lift will be the best compromise between looks/performance/practicality (would still like to park in underground garages).

I've noticed the 2" Rancho Sport system and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this kit? It's pretty cheap since it comes with both shocks and springs (I would go for the XL shocks). I don't plan on doing any extreme wheeling, just some trails. How does it fare? Will my this change my stock ride significantly?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for any help!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would also like information on this lift. i am very interested in a mild lift, so the 2 inch sport with springs and spacers is perfect.

i am interested in buying this kit with the 9000xl.

i would like to stay at stock height for now, 2012 jku sahara, with 4.5 backspace wheels.

what 9000xl shocks could i go for at stock height with the intention of springs or spacers at 2 inches down the road?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I personally wouldn't go this route. This 2" SPORT system runs mid $400 WITH RS9000XL shocks/springs/spacers/bump stop spacer/brake line brackets.

Originally Posted by jkjouster
I would also like information on this lift. i am very interested in a mild lift, so the 2 inch sport with springs and spacers is perfect.

i am interested in buying this kit with the 9000xl.

i would like to stay at stock height for now, 2012 jku sahara, with 4.5 backspace wheels.

what 9000xl shocks could i go for at stock height with the intention of springs or spacers at 2 inches down the road?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rancho
I personally wouldn't go this route. This 2" SPORT system runs mid $400 WITH RS9000XL shocks/springs/spacers/bump stop spacer/brake line brackets.
@Rancho - Why are you not recommending this lift??? Is there another option that you see better than this for a 2" leveling type lift?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't knock Rancho, the 3" systems they have look good, seem pretty complete and are competively priced. Have you considered the Teraflex leveling kit, which works out to 1.5"? I picked one up for $130 and kept my Rubi shocks. This will make the 33's look just a bit better and hold me over until I can the full system and 35's.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

@Rancho, I reread your post and think you were recommending not to break up this kit as it would cost much more. Correct me if I am wrong....

@TX, you have the coil spacer leveling kit at that price, right? Do you wheel it hard, it is it more for show? How is it on the highway?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

I was looking into this lift as well! I want the red springs but I'm not going to pay extra for them! Ha but do I need backspaces to run stock wheels and tires?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Correct, I wouldn't break up the kit , that was what I meant to say.
The cost on 4 RS9000XL's is roughly $400ISH, the 2" system is $50ISH bucks more.

If you see yourself pushing the JK down the road, I would go with our 3" SPORT or TRAIL. I like the TRAIL, because of the control (adjustable) control arms make it a great bargain.

Originally Posted by wrenglejr
@Rancho, I reread your post and think you were recommending not to break up this kit as it would cost much more. Correct me if I am wrong....

@TX, you have the coil spacer leveling kit at that price, right? Do you wheel it hard, it is it more for show? How is it on the highway?

Last edited by Rancho; 09-26-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

I've read this here about this lift kit which I too am considering. Has this issue been corrected in the currently shipping kits? I'm running a stock 2012 Wrangler sport and am looking for a bit of lift simply to get more tire choices. I'm never planning on running any tires larger than 33s.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...t-lift-250268/

Quick Reply: Rancho 2" Sport Lift Kit