Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ramsey 9500 - did I make a mistake?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramsey 9500 - did I make a mistake?

How does teh quality of Ramsey compare with Warn? Should I have bought a Warn 9.5ti instead of this:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92142_201_07.htm

I don't think it's shipped yet, so I could always change it...

Thanks!
js.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the 9.5ti from this website
http://app.vendio.com/stores/sf_item...5562913&mode=1
for just under $900, shipping was another like 30.

I dont see anything wrong with your choice but shop around, you might be able to find a bargain. Its kind of nice that it comes with synthetic rope already, especially if thats what you want

(Note: Im completely a winch noob, this is my first winch ever)
Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Patriot 9500 new in the box for sale in the for sale section. Shipped to you for $800. It doesn't have wireless, or the rope.

Later-
Old 04-24-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been contemplating the same thing. I want the synthetic line with the hawse fairlead. It seems a waste to buy the 9.5ti then dump the cable and roller fairlead. I am leaning towards the Ramsey. I wonder why Warn doesnt offer anything similar?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

The ramsey looks nice and for that price it might be a real good deal. In my opinion synthetic is the only way to go. It is lighter and easier to handle and so much safer. Yes it is a pain to pay extra for the steel cable but it can always be used for a spare just in case or maybe sell it on ebay. I would only recommend synthetic but use the hawse fairlead for sure (that can cost you about $30.00 - $100.00 more)

As far as comparisons of winches, WARN and T-MAX brand are very good but make sure to look at the specs. Not just the specs like 9,000 pounds but what the specs say after the first or second revolution. The % decrease of pull power after each revolution can go way down for some brands.

Also keep in mind what you are going to use it for and how much. Is it just for the oh' crap situations or for working on the farm. Most winches (besides my wife) just sit and wait to be used.

Also, I like submergable - not that I will submerge it but it is nice to know I could just in case (and I won't be out a $1,000 winch)
Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

MileMarker has a video showing the diff between winches.. I saw it somewhere on this forum.. Will give you more info on them.. I am still debating on mine.. Looking for one with low amp draw and synthetic line..!!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Alright - so my friend is dead-set on Warn. After listening to his arguments, and considering that Warn is easier to service in Canada then Ramsey, I decided to spend the extra dough for the Warn. He suggested the 9.5ti, but I said what the heck, and went with the 9.5si. :-)

js.

Quick Reply: Ramsey 9500 - did I make a mistake?