Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rampage soft top

Old 03-28-2016, 02:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rampage soft top

Anyone have any experience with this Rampage Bow less soft top? Looking to replace my torn OEm top and really considering the frameless setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2276670578.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	642016
Old 03-28-2016, 03:55 AM
JK Junkie

Was looking at the same brand but HATED the straps showing on the back for the bikini top.

Went with another brand and was really happy. Only need a torx to undo the old bows and a flathead for install. Easiest jeep mod period.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go Trektop NX.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The straps on the one you're currently looking at can get caught up on branches and will probably flap around like mad at high speeds.

I've been running an ORH for a long time, I highly recommend it. I looked at every option out there and nothing came close. Tim's a slow producer, but if you go into it with that in mind you'll be fine. I'm not pushing his product, just giving you a solid solution.

Just do your homework regardless of what you decide, soft tops = $$$.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:54 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info guys
Old 03-28-2016, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We ran the Rampage top on our two door Rock Racer Jeep. The external straps make it easy to keep the top tight. They attach using Velcro at the bottom to eliminate the chances of flapping when you're driving. Nice top, very versatile, would recommend to anyone looking for a soft top. You do have to purchase or have the old door surrounds, rear tailgate bar, and two bar retainer mounts (not sold with the top).
Old 03-28-2016, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BAJA TYM
The straps on the one you're currently looking at can get caught up on branches and will probably flap around like mad at high speeds.

I've been running an ORH for a long time, I highly recommend it. I looked at every option out there and nothing came close. Tim's a slow producer, but if you go into it with that in mind you'll be fine. I'm not pushing his product, just giving you a solid solution.

Just do your homework regardless of what you decide, soft tops = $$$.

I second this guy
Old 03-28-2016, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

i have the same one too

Quick Reply: Rampage soft top