Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rampage Rear Bumper

Old 05-17-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage Rear Bumper

New Rampage catalog shows their rear bumper with tire carrier is connected to tailgate.

Rampage Page 17

Anyone have this? How does it compare to the HighRock/Bestop?
Old 05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Default Rear Bumper Bump

Ok. So nobody here has or has seen the new Rampage rear bumper with tire carrier that swings with the tailgate.

So, what is your opinion of the design? Advantage of the tire carrier moving with the tailgate or not? Still has stowed locking pin in bumper, maybe?

I like the rear light cutouts. I have a boat trailer and when I hitch-up at 4am I think built in lights would be convenient.

Will it work with a factory receiver hitch?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rampage Catalog Page17-1.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	318159

Rampage Page 17
Old 06-03-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

I am looking at this bumper too would like more info
Old 06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would buy it

I had thier bumper/tire carrier on my TJ & loved it, especialy with the rear lights, actualy swaped them out for LED's & lit up everything behind me
Old 06-05-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Default Bumper Bumper

I checked with Rampage and found out:

1) The rear gate and tire carrier are joined together via a spherical rod end assembly so that you only need to open the tailgate of the Jeep to open the spare tire carrier. Eliminates the need to open the carrier, then open the gate.

2) The factory hitch receiver does not work with Rampage Recovery Rear Bumpers due to how the bumper mounts use the same holes. They offer a new hitch though, part number 86611 that attaches to the bumper.

3) The Rampage bumper does not have provisions for mounting the OE 3rd brake light or even an extension. If your local laws require you to have the 3rd brake light, they recommend getting part number 86615. This is a full 3rd brake light assembly that mounts via any spare tire plate. Can be wired in to existing trailer towing wiring or hard wired in through the existing 3rd brake light wiring.

4) At this time, they do not have any option for mounting any additional pieces to the rear bumpers (jerry can, hi-lift). They do have plans to build bracket kits to hold accessories but do not have any ETA at this time.

I like the carrier attached to the gate. I would not be happy losing my hitch and light.

Quick Reply: Rampage Rear Bumper