Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rampage frameless and bestop surrounds??

Old 04-05-2014, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage frameless and bestop surrounds??

I Am trying to install a new rampage frameless top on my jku. I have the bestop door surrounds and it's a huge pita!

I was able to get everything on except I cannot pull the top tight enough to snap into the door surrounds. I even had the heater going full to help it stretch. Does anyone have any experience with this top? Is it the bestop surrounds that's making it such a pain?

I noticed the little crevice in the surround that the plastic snaps into doesn't go all the way to the windshield. I will attach a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Any help/input??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1577294563.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	543499   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2059745339.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	543500  
Old 04-05-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't speak for yhe jku but mine works great on a 2010 2 dr.! The only thing I had to do was modify the door surrounds slightly by removing a piece for the sunrider. Just some staples basically. Hope it gets worked out for you.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:23 PM
JK Freak

You liking this top? I've been looking at it and thinking about getting it. Not sure what to do about a soft top this go around. Hopefully you got the top figured out.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

not sure what year your jku is, I have a 2014, and I just installed the rampage top, and if its cold it is a huge pain for it to stretch. the factory surounds should work.
I bought the rampage surrounds, but my header bar was a bestop, and it did not seal correctly, im getting the rampage header bar and should take care of the gap issue.
im also seeing a little water drip through the stiching. probably better to spend the extra couple bucks for the trek top

Quick Reply: Rampage frameless and bestop surrounds??