Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rampage Dual Tube Bumpers

Old 09-02-2007, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ccdjeep
chuggin down a starbucks and redbull at the same time people...

Hey, I resemble that remark...what good is life without starbucks and redbull? Not at the same time, and not while driving, though...

glwood6
Old 09-02-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

First of all, apologies in advance to off road veterans out there for any rookie mistakes I make in this post.

I took my 2007 JK Rubicon rock climbing for the second time yesterday with a friend in his 1985 CJ. Coming off a rock ledge (and with him spotting me) I caught the right rear corner of the bumper and put a fairly large dent in the underside of the bumper.

I won't ask about tube bumpers here (!), but would like to know of any suggestions for sources of after market bumpers for the JK. Most of the off roading in AZ is rock climbing so I want something with a small profile, to avoid the damage I got yesterday.

I also put a tree branch though the side window and ripped up the fiberglass of the hard top yesterday, but that's another post I guess.

Mountain 2, Godzilla 0
Old 09-02-2007, 10:34 PM
JK Freak

Wink Hey now, easy...

Hey I got those rampage bumpers, Easy install. They may not be the strongest in the world but they sure as hell are better than the plastic bumpers. It took me longer to take off the factory front bumper than it did to put on both bumpers. I really like the look and I do have the sidesteps, I got them for my shorter friends. The rear bumper didn't have a hitch, but I wouldn't trust too much weight. If you have stock tow hooks for the front you will have to take those off. The rear tow hook sits just fine under the rear bumper. I have a hitch I am going to install tomorrow or the day after. And yes the stock rear bumper is ENTIRELY PLASTIC. I haven't hit anything yet so I can't tell you how durable they are but, They look nice. I don't do any serious offroading yet as I am still learning but I prefer dirt to pavement any day. Well I rambled on enough so.... -Captain
Old 09-09-2007, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

my friends and i like the tube bumpers: classic look and work out pretty well for exploring.

sure, i wouldn't go exactly rock crawling with them. however, i don't exactly rock crawl either! i'm just a guy who likes camping and exploring... and for exploring, they are GREAT!!!!

the best things i like about them are the following:
1) Great Brush Guard
2) Price is good (If you mess one up from a trip, it's not the end of the world to buy another! heck, you could even buy them in a pack!)
3) Easy to mount stuff! (at least i do with shovels, rope, lights, etc.... NOT WINCHES).
Old 09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Captain
Hey I got those rampage bumpers, Easy install. They may not be the strongest in the world but they sure as hell are better than the plastic bumpers. It took me longer to take off the factory front bumper than it did to put on both bumpers. I really like the look and I do have the sidesteps, I got them for my shorter friends. The rear bumper didn't have a hitch, but I wouldn't trust too much weight. If you have stock tow hooks for the front you will have to take those off. The rear tow hook sits just fine under the rear bumper. I have a hitch I am going to install tomorrow or the day after. And yes the stock rear bumper is ENTIRELY PLASTIC. I haven't hit anything yet so I can't tell you how durable they are but, They look nice. I don't do any serious offroading yet as I am still learning but I prefer dirt to pavement any day. Well I rambled on enough so.... -Captain
Let's see some pics !!!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ccdjeep
Lol not calling YOU a yuppie. Maybe you are, hell I don't care. I was just joking about how everybody in my town that drives a Jeep thats "tubed" out as I call it lives in the Yuppie-ville suburbs and has 5 grand in CHROME and STAINLESS all over their TJ's. Ya know, cell phone gabbin, crammed full of shopping bags, running over curbs, body lifted... chuggin down a starbucks and redbull at the same time people...

They really get my goat. Mainly cause they can't drive.

As for the quality of these bumpers, I can't tell ya. Good luck though.
starbucks, redbull, body lifts are bad? your biggest mod is your oil change and floor mats, i live in the burbs and do all you described. i also have live in one of the greatest 4 wheelin states in the USA and go almost every weekend(look at my pics). think about things before you stereotype.

Quick Reply: Rampage Dual Tube Bumpers