Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rampage Dual Tube Bumpers

Old 09-01-2007, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage Dual Tube Bumpers

Does anyone have any experience with these bumpers. I like the rear especially. The price is good as well. Searched but did not find these.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...2C12118.404.07
Old 09-01-2007, 04:57 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This is strictly my opinion here but.... tube bumpers is so 1980's. And, if you plan on using your Jeep for off-roading, they really won't do a lot to help you out. But again, this is just my opinion.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

I like the style alot (would look good with tubular side steps for sure) but wayoflife has a point in regards to the utility value of them.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Eh, do what you want but I'm with WOL on this one. Tube bumpers in my neck of the woods = yuppie's jeep.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Showed the fiancee, she didnt like them.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty funny, you can see the tube bumper in the pictures on Quadratec are photoshopped in. You can see between the tubes where they cloned the tire tread over the stock bumper and then pasted an off color tube bumper over the top.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

that is one ugggly bumper
Old 09-01-2007, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

I don't like them. BUT, apparently any JK bumper with a price tag of less than $450 is crap....I think that the prices of these things is a joke and that us buying them (which I have not, yet) is just provoking more companys to JACK our hard earned cash. And I am sick of hearing "you get what you pay for" that's a NO SH*T comment is I ever hear one. However, there are plenty of YJ and TJ bumpers that are of great quality for reasonable prices.

If you like that bumper, great. It's a classic on Jeeps and you will have $300-$500 more cash in your pocket than most of us morons, to spend on dates with hot chicks who do or don't care about Jeep tube bumpers...

Cheers!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Didn't realize I would stir up such controversy

Maybe I should rephrase my question first....... I like these bumpers as well as my wife, I was wondering if anyone had had experience as to the quality of the bumpers by this company. Are they good quality or crap?

I might be a "yuppie", I don't really go off roading much and when I do it's just light wheeling so clearance is not really a concern. Where I'm from the tube bumpers and more of a norm for after market bumpers as I see them a lot in town.

I was just thinking I need to put a hitch on the rear of my JK and the rear bumper with integrated hitch receiver isn't that much more expensive than the hitch itself therefore killing two birds with one stone.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lol not calling YOU a yuppie. Maybe you are, hell I don't care. I was just joking about how everybody in my town that drives a Jeep thats "tubed" out as I call it lives in the Yuppie-ville suburbs and has 5 grand in CHROME and STAINLESS all over their TJ's. Ya know, cell phone gabbin, crammed full of shopping bags, running over curbs, body lifted... chuggin down a starbucks and redbull at the same time people...

They really get my goat. Mainly cause they can't drive.

As for the quality of these bumpers, I can't tell ya. Good luck though.

Quick Reply: Rampage Dual Tube Bumpers