Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Radius Arm kit for a deal? Is it worth it?

Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radius Arm kit for a deal? Is it worth it?

I found what seems to be a great deal on a RE 3.5 long arm complete kit. It has the radius arms. I have been going through tons of pages on here, and it seems that people say it binds and blows bushings out, and ive seen threads with people that run the kit and love it with no issues, but they are older threads so im wondering if that issue was solved. If not is are there bushings available that will help solve it? The reason im looking is because i need to get adj short arms, and a new front trac bar or go with this complete kit for a little more money. Is anyone still running this kit?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

So is no one else running these kits?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Clayton's front radius arms are similar to the RE. One local runs them with 14" coilovers and no bind, but he has replaced all the bushings with Johnny joints. Another local runs them with the factory bushings in the UCA mounts, and his binds significantly more.

Radius arms, from a geometry standpoint work well in the front, but in the rear from what I've seen have terrible anti-squat characteristics, and like to bounce on climbs with wheel spin.

I have not experienced this first hand so take that how you will.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKred
Clayton's front radius arms are similar to the RE. One local runs them with 14" coilovers and no bind, but he has replaced all the bushings with Johnny joints. Another local runs them with the factory bushings in the UCA mounts, and his binds significantly more.

Radius arms, from a geometry standpoint work well in the front, but in the rear from what I've seen have terrible anti-squat characteristics, and like to bounce on climbs with wheel spin.

I have not experienced this first hand so take that how you will.
Thanks for the info. I did see the Johnny joint upgrades so i guess that will always be an option. The kit is at a great price for everything it has. And i have talked to my local 4wheelparts about it and they said all of the bushing issues are gone. I know they can just be saying that, but maybe they addressed them. Thanks again for the info though.

Quick Reply: Radius Arm kit for a deal? Is it worth it?