Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Radiator for 5.7 hemi

Old 02-01-2015, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator for 5.7 hemi

I had a hemi swap a couple of years ago and now my radiator is shot...
Actually, a few issues with the coolant system.
For one- I couldn't figure out why my catalytic converters kept wearing out within a year but found out that there's coolant seeping into the exhaust manifold. Anyone know how that is repaired?
Second- It seems i have a blown radiator that is pissing out coolant all over my motor cavity, from what i could tell and have seen, there are numerous holes.

So aside from how the leak into the exhaust is handled, where would be the best places to order a new radiator for the 5.7?

Any info would be helpful.

Discuss.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I had a Ford EXP in a past life that had a blown head gasket. Coolant getting into the cylinders made its way out the exhaust as a trace of white smoke and dampness.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I had a Ford EXP in a past life that had a blown head gasket. Coolant getting into the cylinders made its way out the exhaust as a trace of white smoke and dampness.
Id bet on a blown head gasket as well, at worst Id say a cracked cylinder or cylinder head. I've never heard of the last 2 on a Hemi so I'd go with a head gasket. That may have caused the radiator to go.. I had a Honda accord that the head gasket blew and the engine compression was making it way into the cooling system. It blew the cap of the radiator when driving on the Hwy, if you stepped on the throttle it would shoot coolant 20' in the air lol. After I replaced the head gaskets the catalytic converters took a dump about 2 weeks after repair.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Erikwt
For one- I couldn't figure out why my catalytic converters kept wearing out within a year but found out that there's coolant seeping into the exhaust manifold. Anyone know how that is repaired?
Second- It seems i have a blown radiator that is pissing out coolant all over my motor cavity, from what i could tell and have seen, there are numerous holes.

So aside from how the leak into the exhaust is handled, where would be the best places to order a new radiator for the 5.7?

Discuss.
Ron Davis Radiators are as good as it gets. They have extra cooling capacity and are well made. Griffin is another good brand.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK Radiators

Originally Posted by Erikwt

Discuss.

If it helps, we carry several Hemi radiator products for a JK -
Morris 4x4 Center - SearchMorris 4x4 Center - Results for hemi radiator

Quick Reply: Radiator for 5.7 hemi