Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Raceline Monster Beadlocks backspace

Old 12-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always recommend the aluminum ring for those wheels just to eliminate the question from the equation. It's more of a tire issue than wheel issue from what I've seen because many seal up fine with the steel rings. I like the looks of the aluminum ring better too, but that's just a matter of opinion.

GREAT choice in wheel though.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default racelines

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
I always recommend the aluminum ring for those wheels just to eliminate the question from the equation. It's more of a tire issue than wheel issue from what I've seen because many seal up fine with the steel rings. I like the looks of the aluminum ring better too, but that's just a matter of opinion.

GREAT choice in wheel though.
i also have the 4.75 backspacing and the aluminum rings and have no problem leaking with the nitto 12.50 trail grapplers. i kinda wish i would of got the 4 inch though it hard to clean down in the wheel where they hold water. but love the wheels and look
Old 12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thumbs up to Teraflex

I went in to purchase the aluminum rings. They of course asked why I was changing so quickly and I explained what I had learned from Raceline regarding the Toyos and thin bead sealing. They just did an exchange... sent me home with the AL rings and just asked that i return the steel ones when done. Swaped them out this afternoon and no leaks. THANK YOU BEN at Teraflex (made a trip to my house to check out the problem and help with the fix). There are a lot of shops and products to choose from out there, but the continued customer first service I have got from the Teraflex shop keeps me coming back. While I prefer the steel look, I take leak free over black any day. By the way, other than my tire issue, the beadlocks themselves are beautiful. I almost feel guilty scheduling thier first abuse in Moab...almost

Last edited by Crush Crawler; 12-20-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Raceline Monster Beadlocks backspace