Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

R&R carpet?

Old 07-28-2015, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R&R carpet?

Hey all

Just wondering how hard it is to remove the carpet on a 2012 2dr JK, also what are opinions on BedTred front & rear kit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Removing the carpet is a very easy task. But I can't say much about BedTred because i have no experience with it.

Last edited by GreatWhite JK; 07-28-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea removing carpet is a breeze. Not sure about the BedTred just know that the carpet reduces heat significantly from the tub. I took mine out and threw it away when I lined my JKU. My feet got so damn hot I ended up buying a carpet set off CraigsList. Moral of the story, if the BedTred doesn't insulate, I would be careful ripping the carpet out so you can put it back in.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just looked up that BedTred. Doesn't look like it's available for the Jeep. Have you seen it offered?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is what you are talking about right....BedTred Jeep Kits BedRug - Next Generation Bedliner
Old 07-28-2015, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Geck0Jeep
This is what you are talking about right....BedTred Jeep Kits BedRug - Next Generation Bedliner
Yup, that's the one. Do you have to remove the front seats to remove carpet? And the BedTred has heat insulaters,
They come with the kits.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:38 PM
JK Newbie

No removal of the seats is required, the only thing you may have to remove is the subwoofer in the back if you have one. Otherwise it comes out super easy. Took me about 10 minutes for the front and back seats (4 dr) another 10 or so for the rear tub because I was having issues with the sub.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Havok287
No removal of the seats is required, the only thing you may have to remove is the subwoofer in the back if you have one. Otherwise it comes out super easy. Took me about 10 minutes for the front and back seats (4 dr) another 10 or so for the rear tub because I was having issues with the sub.
Thanks havoc287
I'm going out to look at removing it right know.

Quick Reply: R&R carpet?