Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

R.C. Disco's w/Teraflex L.K.?

Old 10-11-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R.C. Disco's w/Teraflex L.K.?

Hey Guys, I'm really interested in the R.C. disco's, great price! However, I'm not sure if they will work. I know that the specs on the disco's call for a 2.5-6" lift. I have the tereflex leveling kit which raises the front 2" and rear 1". Is anybody running this setup? Do you think this will work? Can't I just thread the rods some more and cut some of it off to make it work? Thanks for the info.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not just get the tera disco's? this is my second jeep with them.... they are great!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

i agree with bigblue the teraflex ones are great and they have them for different size lifts plus they have that cool little bracket you can put them on when your disco'ed
Old 10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default $$$$$

No big reason other than price. Why pay twice as much.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by truckie3
No big reason other than price. Why pay twice as much.
Because they are most likely better quality and easier to install for sure....with the TF, no drilling into the frame to mount the bracket that stows the link when disconnected...with RC, you gotta drill holes to mount that bracket.

Plus, as stated above, you can get the TF in the size you need which is 0"-3" of lift...perfect.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default ???

If I buy the quick disconnect pins and brackets seperately should they work with the sway bar links that come with the teraflex leveling kit?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh and to answer your question it should work with any modifications to the actual discos...i put discos for a 4-6" lift on my jeep an i only have 3.5 inch lift. it didnt affect anything other than the handling (but in a good way) the longer discos let me turn corners better because my stock ones were like 4" long and were not letting the body roll at all in turns. so if you about 2" in the front and adjusted those discos all the way down it should be fine
Old 10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

If I buy the quick disconnect pins and brackets seperately should they work with the sway bar links that come with the teraflex leveling kit?
I suppose, I don't remember what exactly my stock links were like....someone else might know. I understand the money thing, trust me...but if I were you, I'd wait until you're able to get the actual stuff necessary to make it work right....but that's just me.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

The sway bar links I have on now are Teraflex, they came with the leveling kit. They just aren't quick disconnects. It looks as though all I would have to do is buy the quick disconnect hardware to make them so. But they do not specify that on their website.

Last edited by truckie3; 10-11-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

It just looks like the sway bar links are identical in the kits, the only difference is the mounting hardware
OK, so the leveling kit came with new front links? I thought it came with new rear links and then you move the rear to the front....oh well, disregard what I said then..lol.

Quick Reply: R.C. Disco's w/Teraflex L.K.?