Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

R/C Body Lift

Old 06-20-2009, 12:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, the biggest downfall to me is the gap left between the bumpers and the actual body, go back and look at the yellow one compared to the red one it is backed up to, the gap between the bumper and the body is much more significant, some dont care but it is just a heads up. I know some have fixed this in the back but I havent seen anything for the front.

In my opinion, just get a larger suspension lift
Old 06-20-2009, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeh i know what you mean about the gap I went with the 2" and wished i would have 1.25" body lift. I fixed the gap problem but i know it is there.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qf4phlyer
I have the R/C 2.5" progressive rate spring kit, 2.2 shocks, 1.25" body lift. Running 35's with R/C wheel spacers. I have 10,000 miles on this kit without any issues.

I was looking on the RC website and if I was to order the 2.5" coil kit with the spacers it also includes track bar bracket and sway-bar links.

I have the same lift kit as you, the 2.5" coil/shock, if I was to add a body lift would I need the track bar bracket and sway-bar links?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

the body lift has nothing to do with t/b bracket or links,those are all part of the suspension kit
Old 09-10-2009, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudslingin44
the body lift has nothing to do with t/b bracket or links,those are all part of the suspension kit
So im presuming im right in saying that a body lift will do exactly that, just lift the body and not cause any other issues, apart from having to trip the shifter boot.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, the biggest downfall to me is the gap left between the bumpers and the actual body, go back and look at the yellow one compared to the red one it is backed up to, the gap between the bumper and the body is much more significant, some dont care but it is just a heads up. I know some have fixed this in the back but I havent seen anything for the front.

In my opinion, just get a larger suspension lift
Its a 20 minute fix to move the rear bumper up around an inch, and it makes the difference unnoticeable.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKMARINE
If you are going to wheel it, don't do the body lift. You will not have as much frame clearance as a bigger suspension lift. If you are doing it for looks, I'm sure there are some Hummer forums that might help.
So I cant take my Jeep offroad anymore since I have the bodylift?

Quick Reply: R/C Body Lift