Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quietest cat back

Old 10-22-2008, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quietest cat back

What is the quietest cat back system in the market? What about the muffler relocation, but with a bigger Magnaflow round muffler (27" instead of 18")
Old 10-22-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The stock one.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just keep the stock one if you want to stay quiet. None of the after market ones are as quiet as stock...
Old 10-22-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

it really depends on what you consider quiet, i think my cat back is pretty quiet, but thats just me
Old 10-22-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you ar looking for a cat back you are looking for a performance upgrade, correct? I swapped out my stock for a gibson split rear really loud (chambered muffler) but it cracked and 4WD Hardware was out of stock so I replaced it with the Banks Monster cat back (free flow glass packed) alot quieter at idle and cruise but has an aggressive tone (not a coffee can) on acceleration and the performance over stock you will be amazed I got 15.6 to 16 mpg stock, 18 with Gibson and 19.5 with the Banks. It is louder than stock but you probably would not notice that if you threw on a good set of mudders. Personally with the Magnaflow dont waste your money I bought some for my '69 stang too restrictive I sent them back If you want restrictive keep the stock if you take it off you will see what I mean after 6000 miles you could not even blow through the stock muffler no wonder why I had a hard time getting the rpms up dealer said that is the way they run bull s#@!. If you have any other questions just PM me anytime.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you can tell me with certainty the monster doesn't sound like a honda civic with a can i may be interested enough to buy it.

Quick Reply: Quietest cat back