Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quickie coil spacer replacement tips

Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quickie coil spacer replacement tips

Hey,
The front driver's side coil spacer on my TF 3" lift shattered and I need to replace it. I was hoping the shop would install it for cheap as part of an alignment, but they're asking for $80. So eff that. I also need to replace the bushings on my disconnects.
I currently only have a stock jack in my possession; based on your experiences, is it easy to quickly replace the spacer without too much hassle? Recommendations, tips and tricks would be appreciated before I go out and buy/rent a better jack or spring compressor etc.
Cheers!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Buy the tallest floorjack and jack stands you can find, get the frame on a stand, then let the axle droop until the coil falls out. (disconnect the links or whatever, depending on how much room is needed). Just watch the lines to make sure they aren't holding the axle up.

Open any of the lift installs up in the writeups area for pics with steps.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on getting the proper equipment. Only drawback is cost compared to the $80 quoted.I as if you do it your self replace both sides since you have it apart. Don't even go the spring compressor route you'll never get enough room to do what you need to. Besides it's not rocket science and you'll learn about your ride.

Quick Reply: Quickie coil spacer replacement tips