Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Quick Sway Bar Disconnects?

Old 04-30-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JKS all the way baby

as long as you suspend the sway bar in neutral postion you wont have any problems with puncture etc

They are adjustable and made really good
Old 04-30-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
I have read a lot of threads on here about guys with JKS puncturing their tires with the sway bar end when disconnected. Because of this, I went with the skyjacker disco. It has two pins, so you can remove the center bar of the disco. This way, there is nothing to tie up.
LOL

That's like I heard most accidents happen within 10 miles of your home, so I moved.

__________________________________________________ _

One is talking about tying up the SWAY BAR

YOU are talking about the swaybar LINKS.

The JKS also has two pins...on snap rings for security....that are pulled, and you also take the link itself so there's nothing to tie up....

...The Sway BAR still can move, and its the BAR end that was reported, once, to have flipped and punctured a tire...

...so, regardless of which disco you get, the disconnected BAR will be a potential hazard to control....and the use of a simple clamp, bungee or grab bracket, etc....is all that's needed to hold it in place.

The TF comes with one, the other's do not mention it, but its a good idea, just in case.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:22 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
I have read a lot of threads on here about guys with JKS puncturing their tires with the sway bar end when disconnected. Because of this, I went with the skyjacker disco. It has two pins, so you can remove the center bar of the disco. This way, there is nothing to tie up.
ditto what TEEJ said.

that damage was from the swaybar, it had nothing to do at all with the brand of disconnect. ANY disconnect removed will allow the sway bar to move, it simply needs to be secured, end of problem.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put JKS on mine last nite. did the passenger side first. had a little trouble hooking it up.
then I remembered that the driver's side was still hooked up with the stock link
anyway, got the drivers side on, took them on and off several times. works like a charm as long as you re-connect the passenger side first.
very nice product
Old 05-02-2008, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

has any one ever tried to make quick discos yet

bc i have an idea but not sure if it will work
Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
ditto what TEEJ said.

that damage was from the swaybar, it had nothing to do at all with the brand of disconnect. ANY disconnect removed will allow the sway bar to move, it simply needs to be secured, end of problem.
Not True... the TF does not moved and has a resting spot.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:13 PM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

Puncturing your tyre was a total fluke...very unlucky to have done that....

JKS are the way to go... you can get the 3-6 inch ones aswell incase you wanna go higher in the future....

KSK
Old 05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

I have JK disco's, but I complety remove mine off and place them inside, its easy I think and i never worry about anything. The best things on my jeep I think

Quick Reply: Which Quick Sway Bar Disconnects?