Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

quick questions about regarding teraflex and tires.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick questions about regarding teraflex and tires.

hey guys, i bought the tf 2.5 coil kit and plan on installing it this week. i watched the install video on youtube and noticed the rear sway bar links have grease fittings and he made a point of mentioning that. the ones that came in my kit did not have any hole for grease fittings? is that the way that are doing them now?
and my second question is: i am having 315/70-17 duratracs installed tomorrow before the lift and will not be offloading at all until the lift is on. is there anything i need to modify to stay safe and not rub? i added the tf rear bump stops in for some security but i didn't get around to the fronts since thats a little more involved. can't wait for it to be complete. also if i were to do the lift myself with no help and a fair amount of experience, how long should it take with the proper tools? thanks guys!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

It took me about 6 hours, including breaks. My advice is to trim or notch out the plastic on the front passenger inside, to loosen and replace the shock. Other than that, went pretty smooth.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Should be fine

Yeah I would just take it easy. If you dont have after market rims or wheels spacers you may rub some stuff at full turn maybe even the rear sway bar links but you will know this as soon as you install the tires. As far as grease nipples or lack there of, I have installed 2 of the Teraflex coil lifts the older one had links with zerks the newer one did not. This is not a mistake, like you said this is how they are done now.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

thanks guys.. I'm definitely taking it slow until i can lift it. and thanks for the info about the links. can't wait for a nice day with no snow on the ground. damn i need to clean out my garage lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got mine and it has the holes and the grease fittings Waiting for better weather to install also.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

install went good overall. the only bitch was lining up the rear track bar to meet the hole and also the passenger side front spring was a pita to install. didn't need to reset the steering wheel and i don't think i will be needing lower control arms. i have a front adjustable track bar just in case but may even skip that too. can't wait to test it out once the icy puddles melt!

Quick Reply: quick questions about regarding teraflex and tires.