Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quick question for those w/tf 2.5" coil lift and bumper/winch...

Old 01-23-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Quick question for those w/tf 2.5" coil lift and bumper/winch...

I have the 2.5" coil lift and am waiting on my lod bumper and skidplate to ship. I also have my superwinch epi9.0s ready to install with it. Going to make a day of the install and throw in some front coil spacers at the same time.

This bumper/skid/winch combo is about 170lbs. I am wondering if I should go with 1/2", 3/4", or 1" spacers to compensate for this weight.

To make a long story short, I am wondering how much your front end dropped after install of winch and bumper and also what bumper/winch you went with?

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the TF 2 1/2" lift and a big bumper and winch in the front. I installed the 1/2 inch spacer in the rear with the lift but I didn't install any spacers at all in the front. Just the Teraflex springs. It looks and drives great. See my photo?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo
I have the TF 2 1/2" lift and a big bumper and winch in the front. I installed the 1/2 inch spacer in the rear with the lift but I didn't install any spacers at all in the front. Just the Teraflex springs. It looks and drives great. See my photo?
Yes, I see it. Looks great, thanks. I like the way mine is sitting now and I really don't want more rake after the install. Surely 170lbs has to cause some drop in the front, I just wonder how much? Sounds like 1/2"?

Here is a crappy pic to show how I am sitting now...

Old 01-23-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Try this....take a measurement from where you are at now. Jack up thw front end to where you like it, and take the difference..thats the size spacer you need. I run a 1" spacer with mine.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the bumper and winch on before the lift, so I'm not sure what the drop is. I have less rake now than I did with the weight on the stock suspension and am happy without the spacer lift added.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2011 unlimited Rubicon with the exact setup. I added 1" front spacers and it came out pretty level. I also have a LOD rear full bumper with tire carrier and 35
MTR's.

2011 Unlimited, RUBICON, 2.5” Teraflex coil lift +shocks, 1” teraflex front spacer, 17 x 9 XD black SPY wheels, Taraflex adj. front track bar, JKS rear track bar, 35x12.5 Goodyear MTR, 4.10 6 speed, Superchips FP, Mopar extended Rubicon rails, Mopar Sun bonnet, LOD front and rear bumpers with tire carrier, crown extended front brake lines, TF front adj. control arms, Superwinch EPi9.0s
Old 01-23-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Biginboca
Yes, I see it. Looks great, thanks. I like the way mine is sitting now and I really don't want more rake after the install. Surely 170lbs has to cause some drop in the front, I just wonder how much? Sounds like 1/2"?

Here is a crappy pic to show how I am sitting now...

Add a bumper in the rear and you are good to go. ;-)
Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

same setup here...I went with a 3/4" skyjacker spacer See my profile for pics. or my projectjk gallery ...

Quick Reply: Quick question for those w/tf 2.5" coil lift and bumper/winch...