Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quick Lift and Wheel Question

Old 06-06-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Lift and Wheel Question

Just a quick question for you guys and gals who know more than me! I bought and received a 3.5 inch lift. I also bought new wheels with 4.5 inch backspacing, which is recommended with the lift. The lift is here, and of course I can't wait to get started wrenching...I have a free weekend to work on this, but my wheels may not be here for some time.

Is it okay to drive with a 3.5 inch lift on stock Rubi wheels and tires? I plan to install the new wheels as soon as I get them.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Mike
Old 06-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

It depends on the lift kit. Not all companies allow clearance on the control arms for factory rim back spacing. If the company is recommending 4.5", it should work
Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Chris...It's a Rough Country Series II. I would like to put it on this weekend, not do any wheeling until the new wheels come in...Just drive around town etc...I guess I will call their customer service and see what they have to say...Thanks!

Quick Reply: Quick Lift and Wheel Question