Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

quick disconnects

Old 07-28-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssunde1
what causes the axle to get off center?
Lifting the Jeep without adding an adjustable track bar or a track bar bracket will cause the axle to shift towards the driver's side on the front or towards the passenger side on the rear....it effectively shortens the track bar when you lift, pulling the axle to one side.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

will that happen with just 2" of lift? planning on getting the JKS adjustable tack bar but the bankroll isnt quite right for it yet.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

will that happen with just 2" of lift? planning on getting the JKS adjustable tack bar but the bankroll isnt quite right for it yet.
You'll be fine...it won't be enough to worry about really IMO. I have just over 3" of front lift and still have the stock track bar. My front axle is off center by about 1/2" or 5/8"....in the rear I added a Teraflex track bar bracket and now it's perfectly centered.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
I don't think that's the disco's fault....probably the axle being off center if I was to guess.
Axle centered up fine .Only way for both to be off is for axle to stretch.
Both of the disconnects angled out so I dont think axle grew . Anyway Ive never saw one grow.

Last edited by Dewayne; 07-28-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Jk-KJ hate to jump off topic but do you have any idea what the weight is on the WP bumper?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Jk-KJ hate to jump off topic but do you have any idea what the weight is on the WP bumper?

I'd say maybe 30lbs. at the most....very light. There's not much to it, very simple bumper but I dented TWO factory bumpers so I wanted something that looked similar but was metal.

Originally Posted by Dewayne
Axle centered up fine .Only way for both to be off is for axle to stretch.
Both of the disconnects angled out so I dont think axle grew . Anyway Ive never saw one grow.
Yeah I doubt it grew...both of mine are at an angle..even the passenger side and like I said, my axle is about 1/2" off center. I don't see how them being at a slight angle would be a big problem.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
Yeah I doubt it grew...both of mine are at an angle..even the passenger side and like I said, my axle is about 1/2" off center. I don't see how them being at a slight angle would be a big problem.
Was my frst thought too.
Most of the ones I see have a bend in'em now to help in line up.
Wasnt a big problem just real aggravating ,brackets straight disconnects at angle ,they just would'nt line up, took 3 times longer till I put washers on.Now its a breeze.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah come to think of it, the Teraflex discos had angled ends I believe... I see your point now.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

You could allways just go with the best, Currie Antirock Swaybar. Than you don't have to even get out of your Jeep.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the new adjustable Rough Country quick Disconnects and I have to say for the money, I like them. It could be that I am just trying to build my JK on a limited budget but very easy to install, disconnect, reconnect and work well on and off road. The bracket to attach the link is convenient and havent had any problems with them coming off or close to my tires. So I would suggest to check them out.

Quick Reply: quick disconnects