Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quick Disconnects

Old 10-23-2016, 04:32 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

No design is perfect. There are simply too many variations on our builds. Remember that Teraflex's link setup had its own problems early on, with a bunch of bad reviews at the time. Even though they went back and improved the design, you can still find reports of tire contact when the link is swung up and secured. Pretty sure I saw one on here just a few weeks ago?

lol, just looked back and saw that the contact issue with tf's setup was already touched on. Nevermind...

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-23-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Better than the keepers would be to just have a nut welded to the frame. Remove your links, swing the bar to right at 'neutral', then run your bolt into the nut. The bar rests on the bolt and you reduce the risk of putting the post through your sidewall.

I've been running this system for 6 years now without an issue.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,690 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
With JKS, the mounting post sticks out of the side of the swaybar - pointing right at the tire. So when the links are removed and the swaybar is swung upward, those posts are in a good position to rip the sides out of the tires when they are stuffed/turned.

That's why JKS put a big, bold, notice in the instructions to secure the swaybar down in the neutral position, not swung up.
Yup, this was it exactly. It was 3.5+ years ago so I can't recall if JKS had that notice at the time or I just didn't pay attention. regardless....it was a lesson that only took once to learn! LOL. Ever since then I leave the sway bar in the neutral position as you alluded to.

Quick Reply: Quick Disconnects