Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quick Disconnects

Old 10-18-2016, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had both Teraflex and JKS. Quality seemed good to go for either brand. For my setup, found the Teraflex would rub when they were disconnected and on the keeper. I switched to JKS. No rub issues obviously with the link completely removed. Sway bar stays put, with no additional parts. If I need to, zip tie, cheap solution.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:49 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're not going the Currie route, go with the JKS with the Teraflex storage brackets. Killer combo right there. JKS may actually make brackets now similar to the Teraflex.

If you're ever worried about possible rubbing, then at least with the JKS you can pull them entirely off with their quick disconnect kit installed also. Then just zip tie the sway bar.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have TF, a few years old, have rubbed since I got them
Old 10-19-2016, 11:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,690 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
Luckily, I scored a Currie Antirock for $200 and don't have to worry about it now. Love it!
^^Jealous

I pushed my sway bar up like in jtphoto JK's picture in post #4 the first few times I ever went off road. Didn't take me long to stab a tire. I leave that sway bar parallel to the ground and have had zero issues since. When heading offroad, manually disconnecting is no big deal. The only time it stinks is for that brief impromtu moment when you'd like to be disconnected to flex for a random picture on something, but it's not worth getting out and disconnecting just for that. If I had an Antirock or a simple button to push in the cab, I'd probably be out flexing on various random objects when I saw them....LOL.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default RC link

I have on had them for 2 weeks now but x2 on the Rough Country Sway Bar disconnects, they were almost same cost as longer non-disconnect links and are working well, will see how durable ball joint portion is.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone used the jks flexconnect? It looks cool but pricey.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I found a Rubi-Sway bar that someone removed and am using that on my Jeep with the EVO No-Limits.

I have also used Rock Kwaler quick disconnects.

R/
Will
Old 10-23-2016, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by resharp001
^^Jealous I pushed my sway bar up like in jtphoto JK's picture in post #4 the first few times I ever went off road. Didn't take me long to stab a tire. I leave that sway bar parallel to the ground and have had zero issues since. When heading offroad, manually disconnecting is no big deal. The only time it stinks is for that brief impromtu moment when you'd like to be disconnected to flex for a random picture on something, but it's not worth getting out and disconnecting just for that. If I had an Antirock or a simple button to push in the cab, I'd probably be out flexing on various random objects when I saw them....LOL.
Interesting... what did you stab your tire on. ???
Old 10-23-2016, 09:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Interesting... what did you stab your tire on. ???
With JKS, the mounting post sticks out of the side of the swaybar - pointing right at the tire. So when the links are removed and the swaybar is swung upward, those posts are in a good position to rip the sides out of the tires when they are stuffed/turned.

That's why JKS put a big, bold, notice in the instructions to secure the swaybar down in the neutral position, not swung up.

A lot of people use long zip ties to secure the swaybar in its normal position. I got a pair of nite ize gear ties from home depot, kinda like big rubberized twist ties from a loaf of bread. They work great.

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-23-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok interesting. With the TF kit there is no post on the stabilizer to stab a tire because the stabilizer link stays attached..

Quick Reply: Quick Disconnects