Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quick disco came disconected on my roadtrip!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bushpilot
^ i disagree w/ the "wobbly" statement....w/out the front sway bar connected it can be quite dangerous....not undrivable but i would NOT want to have to pull some evasive maneuver on the interstate or even a secondary road w/out the front sway bar...it could easily be disastrous.
Well, then don't pull an evasive maneuver Don't speed, keep your distance, and you should be fine. I drove this way for some time after I broke my stock link.

i drove a small back road after having left the trail.....it was a rode w/ quite a few turns & my speed wasnt more than 35 or 45 mph...i learned very quickly how important that front sway bar is....wouldnt take much to spin or flip the jeep thats for sure.
I actually drive disconnected as soon as I hit the logging roads. I drive about at those speeds, over bumps, potholes, and what not. I have no problems maintaining control. Obviously, I don't go into turns at those speeds.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

I got her done! Drove by an auto zone and they called an auto shop down the road. They pressed the bushing out and re-set it. They wouldn't touch the jeep, for some odd reason - despite my offer of $20 bills for amy santa's helpers. I borrowed a floor jack and a jack stand, jacked it up and pulled the tire. Took a huge crescent wrench they had and pulled with all my might and made some headway, then finished with a small sledge and got her fixed up enough to make it!

I made it to Wichita Falls and checked everything and she is still nice and tight!

Thanks again all!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1957823122.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	401565   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-608264810.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	401566  
Old 12-24-2012, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheTerminator
I'm pretty sure the pin was installed backwards by the so called "reputable" shop. You don't really need to replace them, they work very well.

I would disconnect the other side and drive home without worries. It will be a bit more wobbly, but nothing to stress over or stay at a hotel for.

I think the tire is fine too, although it's hard to tell from the pictures.
I replaced the pins with some that seem to be much much better than the ones jks sent. I have some ideas for a permanent fix, I refuse to deal with again!
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 PM
JK Freak

The snow is coming! They are calling for 3" to 6" here. We beat the weather, but the wind was gusting at 40mph or more... Not real easy to drive the jeep in that coming out of the north!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

glad you made it and everything worked out

Quick Reply: Quick disco came disconected on my roadtrip!