Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

quick connect for winch?

Old 03-16-2014, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did one of those for my Outback. The connectors are also known as "Anderson connectors." I also made a 20" long jumper cable out of welding cable with a connector. Came in handy being able to sit behind a car and jump them.

I recommend you get the screw in cable holders (these) for them to take some of the strain when you pull them. Also... don't cheap out and try to crimp them. Solder it in place, I used a propane torch.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are welding cables what people are using now? This is something I'd like to add down the road- safety and convenience factor.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by reddoak
Also... don't cheap out and try to crimp them. Solder it in place, I used a propane torch.
Nothing wrong with crimping the connectors, with the proper tool.
I have 4 sets of this style connector of various sizes. Some are crimped, some are soldered. All are performing well.

Quick Reply: quick connect for winch?