Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Quick & cheap mods for factory roll bars for rollover protection?

Old 03-03-2016, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick & cheap mods for factory roll bars for rollover protection?

I'm down to a week and a half before I leave for Moab. I just talked to my insurance company about offroad coverage and their claims adjuster said major rollovers or damage offroad is not covered. They also do not have any policy add-on's that would cover me.

My upgrade budget for this trip is shot but I'm thinking I need to upgrade the rollcage just in case.

Is there a way to tie in the windshield for better protection without doing a full bolt in or weld in cage upgrade? I could get the shop to weld something but prefer bolt in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jk.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	639492
Old 03-03-2016, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheap and rollover protection don't go well together. If you feel you need a "cheap" solution I would get the rockhard cage (not calling the cage cheap but it's very cost effective). Last October we rolled my buddies 2 door out at Area BFE and the rockhard cage saved the jeep. He was able to drive it home back to Canada.

I ran Moab the first time with no cage while everyone else had one. If you're careful you'll be fine, the traction is amazing so I wouldn't be worried about sliding around and rolling. What trails you plan on running will also dictate what you need?

Good luck & have fun.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Doing Kane Creek, Hells Revenge, Rose Hill Garden, Top of the World, and hopefully another one or 2.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Cheap and easy way to add protection:

Don't do any obstacles you have the chance of rolling on.

Safe and sound.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll be fine with those trails just pay attention to your spotter and be easy with the skinny pedal!
Old 03-03-2016, 07:21 PM
JK Jedi

I have a rock hard cage I love it and not to expensive but I would get the padding with it or else you will hit your head many times on it
Old 03-03-2016, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hells gate on hells revenge is the only tricky one to be concerned about but you could always bypass it.

Quick Reply: Quick & cheap mods for factory roll bars for rollover protection?