Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

quick answers needed now!

Old 10-20-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick answers needed now!

i am trying to put my axle shaft back in but it just wont go. it slide in, then a bit more (through the inner seal i think) but then nothing. i can turn it a little to the righ and left but no more than that.
i have read and people seem to say it just slides in. i have been trying to just slide it in for 2.5 hours now and am lost for an explanation.

please help before the frustration leads me to dowse this motha in gasoline and burn it to the ground
Old 10-20-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

did you pull both out? if so, try swapping sides -
Old 10-20-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeeeep
did you pull both out? if so, try swapping sides -
initially yes. the other one is now reinstalled
Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Super Freak

bump for an answer
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

try rotating the opposite side just to try and align- it should slip in, did you grease it first?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

front or rear? make sure the seal or race isnt mangled and walk away if your getting too frustrated. it'll go but the last thing you want to do is break something just trying to get it in there
Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MikeReo
front or rear? make sure the seal or race isnt mangled and walk away if your getting too frustrated. it'll go but the last thing you want to do is break something just trying to get it in there
its the front. when i slide it in i can feel it slip over the seal so i dont think it mangled. it gets about an inch from being in and just stops. i can turn it an feel it rub against a groove, iv tried wriggling it, propping it up, spinning the other tire, turning the steering wheel. turning the drive shaft. nothing seems to work.

i would normally just walk away but i have a carport and my nbrs are freaking out that this things is sitting there without wheels.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

stock shaft right? otherwise i'd say make sure the aftermarket shaft is the same length and spline count as the oem shaft your replacing. You gotta kinda lift it in . The end your holding needs to be a bit lower than the side your pushing in...

Quick Reply: quick answers needed now!