Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions on Rough Country 2.5" lift

Old 06-24-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on Rough Country 2.5" lift

Hey guys! My first post! Woo!.....I'm looking to buy a lift from RC and I was looking on RC's website and saw that there are 2 2.5" lifts....the entry level spacer kit and the kit with just coils and shocks. What would be the best bang for my buck?? Any other recommendations?? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the coil spacers. I prefer them because you don't get more lift than advertised, which can cause driveshaft angle problems on 2drs primarily. I run the shock extensions as well. I am using this lift as a 'inbetween' stock and long arm setup, works awesome for me. With flat flares and wheel spacers I fully articulate 35s, don't need driveshafts, don't need to mess with things I'm not ready to. Shocks work just fine with extensions. I rock crawl the hell out of it and would do the same thing over again for a 'budget boost'. You do need longer sway bar links ($30) and DIY brake like extensions (>$5)

Last edited by GoodysGotaCuda; 06-24-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpizzle10
Hey guys! My first post! Woo!.....I'm looking to buy a lift from RC and I was looking on RC's website and saw that there are 2 2.5" lifts....the entry level spacer kit and the kit with just coils and shocks. What would be the best bang for my buck?? Any other recommendations?? Thanks in advance!
I just did a RC 2.5" lift with the basic kit. In hindsight and knowing what i know now I'd go with the Series II kit instead. This comes with the extended sway bar links and an additional set of brake line relocation brackets for an additional $40. I am in the process of getting new sway bar links because the front are just too short. I can't find any cheaper than $55 US.

I did a post on here and included a picture of what the links could do when fully articulated. Check it out, it's called "Proposed Rough country 2.5"...... "
Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
I have the coil spacers. I prefer them because you don't get more lift than advertised, which can cause driveshaft angle problems on 2drs primarily. I run the shock extensions as well. I am using this lift as a 'inbetween' stock and long arm setup, works awesome for me. With flat flares and wheel spacers I fully articulate 35s, don't need driveshafts, don't need to mess with things I'm not ready to. Shocks work just fine with extensions. I rock crawl the hell out of it and would do the same thing over again for a 'budget boost'.
Are there any other mods I should look into when putting the lift kit on? I just don't want to be doing any more harm than good after installing the coil spacers....I plan on running 35s with the stock JK flares. I'm not an extreme off-roader, just a little playing on the weekends. Will I experience any rubbing with the 35s?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jpizzle10
Are there any other mods I should look into when putting the lift kit on? I just don't want to be doing any more harm than good after installing the coil spacers....I plan on running 35s with the stock JK flares. I'm not an extreme off-roader, just a little playing on the weekends. Will I experience any rubbing with the 35s?
Full articulation with the wheel straight I was touching the front stock flares (with wheel spacers and 35s). If you are doing just fire roads and stuff, I bet they'd be okay.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rokklymer
I just did a RC 2.5" lift with the basic kit. In hindsight and knowing what i know now I'd go with the Series II kit instead. This comes with the extended sway bar links and an additional set of brake line relocation brackets for an additional $40. I am in the process of getting new sway bar links because the front are just too short. I can't find any cheaper than $55 US.

I did a post on here and included a picture of what the links could do when fully articulated. Check it out, it's called "Proposed Rough country 2.5"...... "
Making your own brake line extensions cost me less than $5, extremely easy DIY.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Questions on Rough Country 2.5" lift