Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions Regarding Specific Set-up

Old 07-17-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions Regarding Specific Set-up

Hello All,

I have read several posts about gears in the last few weeks. I am asking about a specific set-up to get your thoughts.

08 JK unlimited, 5 x 35" Pro Comp tires, Pro Comp wheels, 4" lift....added weight of mittybuilt front and rear bumpers with 8k wench.

Current gears are 3.73. on an automatic.

I am thinking 5.13s for the additional power. Y'all think that is enough for medium off roading? or do I need to add the Intak, Headers and exhaust?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do the 5.13s and skip all that other crap. IMO intake and header mods on a jeep are not enough bang for the buck. If you want a different sound then change the exhaust but don't expect large gains.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good advice from bigblue, if you want a little better sound, just get another muffler, cause thats about all your gonna get outta the cat-back kits or headers that are pricey. 5.13's and you feel an improvement.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Good advice from bigblue, if you want a little better sound, just get another muffler, cause thats about all your gonna get outta the cat-back kits or headers that are pricey. 5.13's and you feel an improvement.
X3 Or if you want to relocate the muffler. It's not a bad thing to move it from under the back bumper. Instead of the intake or headers, spend the $$$ on a Superchips Flashpaq. It'll make a noticible difference once you re-gear.

Quick Reply: Questions Regarding Specific Set-up