Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions on lifting from a newbie

Old 07-16-2013, 04:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worst case scenario is you might damage a stock shock. Bot nothing catastrophic. .

Sent from the fast lane while driving one handed.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Collyn
Worst case scenario is you might damage a stock shock. Bot nothing catastrophic. .

Sent from the fast lane while driving one handed.
That's no biggy cause I'm going to put new one on when I get the money for that too. And if I break one I will " need " new shocks then and I won't feel as bad. And the holder of my money won't complain as much either lol
Old 07-16-2013, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

How does everyone feel about Skyjacker nitro 800 by the way? I was looking at this and Bilistein 5100. I want a good street ride that won't knock my fillings out. Plus decent off road. Not sure how often I will disconnect yet even after I get quick discos.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

The lift would not cause an increase in the chances of damaging a shock, you will just have less droop available. You will have the exact same amount of articualtion or "flex" as the stock suspension.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I find the old man emu nitro sport has a very nice ride on road, I have run them and the 5100's on the same set up and can defiantly feel the difference on the pavement. I run the ome on my JKU
Old 07-16-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The lift would not cause an increase in the chances of damaging a shock, you will just have less droop available. You will have the exact same amount of articualtion or "flex" as the stock suspension.
That makes sense. I am fairly mechanical but this is my first wrangler and first lift. I'm taking baby steps so I do it right for what I want and need. She's my DD and my daily commute has been 70 miles a day, but this is my last week of that so it's time to give her a little lift. 2011 and I've got 44,000 miles on her.

I am going to put new shocks on eventually and longer/ quick disco link arms, but I want to wait till I have the money. Also I'm going on a jeep trail riding trip with some others and my wife will be coming with, so I'm hoping that it will show her what I need and she will get my jeep fever too. I will be maker her drive some of it to help the fever along.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the great info from all BTW.

Quick Reply: Questions on lifting from a newbie