Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions for lifting my first Jeep

Old 12-06-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for lifting my first Jeep

I've been hanging around the forum for about a year now trying to learn everything I can about my Jeep. I started with a stock 2007 JKU Sahara. It now sits on a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with shock extensions with 35" Trail Grapplers. This Christmas I will be installing a PSC Brawler Lite front bumper and hopefully a Warn winch shortly there after. I love the Teraflex kit but I feel that the rake is still there and as soon as I put the bumper and winch on it will be even more dramatic. On top of all that I really want a little bit more lift over the tires. Now this is not my first lifted vehicle. I put a Tacoma on 33s and a Chevy 2500HD on 38s. But this is my first with a SFA. So with my current setup could I pull the springs from my kit and throw in 3.5" springs and be good to go for a DD and very mild trail Jeep?

The more my Jeep gets built the more difficult the trails I will begin to take. But I just can't afford to break my DD at this current time. Thanks for all the help everyone has given so far.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could probably just add spacers to your front springs to get the ride height issue resolved. The bigger issue is the shock extensions. You'll have to go to a correct length shock before you do much off roading. The stock shocks will really limit your articulation. I'd go with some OME long-travel shocks, or even standard shocks for a 2.5-3.5" lift if it were me. This will give you the articulation you'll need when you get off the pavement. You may also want to look into some longer sway bar links if you haven't put them on already. For a 2.5" lift it's doubtful you'll need adjustable Track bars, so you should be able to get by with the stock pieces.

That's my $.02 that's worth even less than that!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2.5 coil lift PSC bumpers and flares no sag and also I have a warm winch sits great a little taller in the front I was very happy with the outcome!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea I had thought about using spacers but I think I'm just going to avoid spacers at this time. Basically I'm just trying to figure out if it would be temporarily ok if I swapped the 2.5" coils for 3.5" coils since I have shock extensions, brake line extension brackets, trackbar relocation bracket, and longer swaybar links from the 2.5" lift. Soon I will be getting longer shocks for my birthday too. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Questions for lifting my first Jeep