Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions about Rubicon axles

Old 01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sv650
I'm still not clear on this. Do you mean that the switch you supply replaces the existing module that includes the ESP control, the hazard light switch, etc.? Or is it just am OEM styled switch that looks like it belongs?

Thanks for your input. A note here when this is listed on your website would be helpful.

SV
i can answer this, its a mopar switch from a rubicon. It replaced that panel on your dash. I'll post a picture of mine...

Old 01-11-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adaycj
I still think the long term durability is in question for this new locker. I guess you can always upgrade in a few years if it blows up I suppose.
Lifetime Powertrain warranty!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Lifetime Powertrain warranty!
Are you sure on Mopar aftermarket parts? I thought it was just a year.

SV
Old 01-11-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this something Currie could build? At least, something similar? Or is the price a no-brainer?!

I'm really considering going this Rubicon Axle route, instead of just regearing the stock axles. I feel it's much more bang for the buck....
Old 01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sv650
Are you sure on Mopar aftermarket parts? I thought it was just a year.

SV
Sorry, I was referring to my Rubi.

Think about this though if they are so weak and prone to failure why would CminusD offer a lifetime warranty. Should make you feel good about buying Mopar!
Old 01-12-2008, 04:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Sorry, I was referring to my Rubi.

Think about this though if they are so weak and prone to failure why would CminusD offer a lifetime warranty. Should make you feel good about buying Mopar!
It's a sales gimmic. I'm not saying that it isn't a nice thing to have for someone keeping their Jeep stock...
Old 01-12-2008, 04:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Renegade
It's a sales gimmic. I'm not saying that it isn't a nice thing to have for someone keeping their Jeep stock...
I am not keeping mine stock, but you are right its to boost sales. I am just saying that its a ballsy move to put a lifetime warranty on a product that has so many moving parts. They have to have some faith in their product.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm convinced that jeep designed the wrangler to rust away in 4.95 years. that way you don't even make it to your first "Check Up"
Old 01-16-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default Wiring?????

I am planning out how to wire my lockers and I have a few Questions? If power is lost to the locker does it immediatly disengage? How long does it take for the axles to actually lock once power is applied to them? I am trying to decide if I should power them directly off the battery or through a power source that is switched with the ignition. One situation I was curious about is what would happen to the lockers if I were to stall while climbing an obstacle and power was lost to the lockers while restarting the Jeep.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shaggycornbread
I am planning out how to wire my lockers and I have a few Questions? If power is lost to the locker does it immediatly disengage? How long does it take for the axles to actually lock once power is applied to them? I am trying to decide if I should power them directly off the battery or through a power source that is switched with the ignition. One situation I was curious about is what would happen to the lockers if I were to stall while climbing an obstacle and power was lost to the lockers while restarting the Jeep.
Nope they are polarity engaged. Running current through the solenoid one way engages them and running current in reverse disengages them (think power door locks). As to which does what you will have to do a little research but I can tell you this. All you will need to run that locker is a relay, switch, and some general knowledge of vehicle electrical systems (12 volt). Easy stuff.

Might I also add that the locker has a switch that tells the vehicles computer that it is engaged (blinking locker light on dash) This can also be wired to help you indicate that the locker is positively locked. A little more wiring but still simple to do.

Edit: Check the write up section, I posted an indepth writeup on control of your Rubicon lockers and sway bar. It has some diagrams of the lockers electronics in it.

Last edited by JulietKilo; 01-16-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Questions about Rubicon axles