Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions about Rubicon axles

Old 05-16-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it was the rear was replaced .. slip yoke elimnator was what it was replaced with ..
Old 05-16-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jkgirl08
I think it was the rear was replaced .. slip yoke elimnator was what it was replaced with ..
your JK already has a Fixed yoke from the factory

they just changed the yokes for your new driveshafts, I would'nt worry, If your having the same shop change it out, they'll know.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

okay .. I wasn't too sure. Not the know it all when it comes to that stuff ... thanks pignajeep.

Yah he'll know .. hes done everything. I am his best customer lately .. by bad luck! HAHA.

Thanks again.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

i wonder if mopar/4wd will sell the rubicon 44 without the gears or shafts???

the 4.10 gearing really doesnt make much sense.....most people who want/need to updgrade axles are doing so bc of larger tire sizes and the subsequent increased stress on their d30 front setup. therefore, a dana 44 front with additional gearting options would be so much more practical. who wants to updgrade their axle just to rip out the brand new gears?

in addition, the rubicon 44's known weakness is the outer shafts. same story as the gears....

conclusion: mopar/4wd should offer a super 44 with 5.13 gears and chromoly shafts!!! it just makes more sense for most consumers who want to upgrade. plus they get to charge a bit more in the process....win win.

not sure if all this has been said before, just ranting a bit....thanks for listening.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ucfavenger
i wonder if mopar/4wd will sell the rubicon 44 without the gears or shafts???

the 4.10 gearing really doesnt make much sense.....most people who want/need to updgrade axles are doing so bc of larger tire sizes and the subsequent increased stress on their d30 front setup. therefore, a dana 44 front with additional gearting options would be so much more practical. who wants to updgrade their axle just to rip out the brand new gears?

in addition, the rubicon 44's known weakness is the outer shafts. same story as the gears....

conclusion: mopar/4wd should offer a super 44 with 5.13 gears and chromoly shafts!!! it just makes more sense for most consumers who want to upgrade. plus they get to charge a bit more in the process....win win.

not sure if all this has been said before, just ranting a bit....thanks for listening.
I think they started by just selling "surplus" Rubi axles. Once they found there was such a great market for them, they just began churning'em out. Any change to stock means a change in the line making them. While we think better axles and gears should be happening, they're thinking cost of line change, MPG (the supposed reason 4:10's are no longer available except on Rubi's,) plus the added cost to the completed Rubi's. I doubt soccer moms are all that interested in gears and chrome alloy shafts and I bet there's a bunch more of them buying Rubi's than us.

So the long winded point is, if you want this stuff done you'll have to get it done yourself. Plus I really imagine Jeep's only really interested in them winning.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

yep, good point. cost to benefit would have to be there for it to happen.

however, i dont think all stock rubi axles should be "super 44's" as there is no way jeep could realistically justify such an operational adjustment as you said....

i am saying that i think it would make more sense to produce the aftermarket 44's either without gears and shafts or with updgraded gears and shafts. but i am sure mopar is thinking "if it aint broke, dont fix it".

and i agree, jeep really only cares about jeep.

thanks for bringing me back down to earth, mopar will never produce a ready made and bolt on super 44!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ucfavenger
yep, good point. cost to benefit would have to be there for it to happen.

however, i dont think all stock rubi axles should be "super 44's" as there is no way jeep could realistically justify such an operational adjustment as you said....

i am saying that i think it would make more sense to produce the aftermarket 44's either without gears and shafts or with updgraded gears and shafts. but i am sure mopar is thinking "if it aint broke, dont fix it".

and i agree, jeep really only cares about jeep.

thanks for bringing me back down to earth, mopar will never produce a ready made and bolt on super 44!
But nothin's stoppin' you or me from makin' our own! Bigger, badder, better
Old 05-17-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

very true seer1....and thats the plan! may the obsession continue.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

bubblehead and proud of it .. actually more of a moron .... really! I have two kids ... its where i get it from haha

Itd be awesome to have the axles come with a option of 5.13s ....

Quick Reply: Questions about Rubicon axles