Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions about Rock Krawler Rear LCA's

Old 08-20-2015, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Rock Krawler Rear LCA's

I recently purchased the Rock Krawler Front LCA's and Rear LCA's (RK02022) and didn't realize that the rears I purchased required the RK adjustable uppers until after I got them. If I decide to stick with the rear LCA's, what else would I need to buy besides the (RK02064) Adjustable Uppers? I currently have a Teraflex 2.5" lift with the rear track bar relocation bracket. Should I just switch out the LCA's that I currently have for the one's that can be used with the factory uppers or should I just buy the necessary items (Adjustable Upper CA's, and unsure what other items I would need) to make the one's I currently have work. Looking for any advice? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why do you need the uppers? I am running the RK Mid Arm Flex System, and they just come with lowers. So if the Rear Uppers are required with the Rear Lowers, why does RK sell a kit with just lowers? Don't make sense to me. I still have the stock uppers in. Works excellent.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by tnt008
Why do you need the uppers? I am running the RK Mid Arm Flex System, and they just come with lowers. So if the Rear Uppers are required with the Rear Lowers, why does RK sell a kit with just lowers? Don't make sense to me. I still have the stock uppers in. Works excellent.
They make two different sets of 'mid' arms. The arms from the x-factor kits are designed to move the axle back 1", I believe. Since rear lower arms are adjusted shorter than stock to raise the pinion, adding longer arms (even at their shortest setting) will lower the pinion, not raise it.

kcstuder_4, was your intention to move the axle back? If so, add the uppers and do whatever other relocating you need to do. If not, return them for the other set of lowers. (or return them and get uppers instead. They will be adjusted longer than stock and will give more adjustability. Unless you drag them on rocks and want the extra strength?)

Last edited by nthinuf; 08-20-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kcstuder_4
I recently purchased the Rock Krawler Front LCA's and Rear LCA's (RK02022) and didn't realize that the rears I purchased required the RK adjustable uppers until after I got them. If I decide to stick with the rear LCA's, what else would I need to buy besides the (RK02064) Adjustable Uppers? I currently have a Teraflex 2.5" lift with the rear track bar relocation bracket. Should I just switch out the LCA's that I currently have for the one's that can be used with the factory uppers or should I just buy the necessary items (Adjustable Upper CA's, and unsure what other items I would need) to make the one's I currently have work. Looking for any advice? Thanks in advance for the help.
You'll need to relocate the sway bar and move the bump stops back. You should also get spring wedges. Pull up the Xfactor instructions and read the rear directions.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
You'll need to relocate the sway bar and move the bump stops back. You should also get spring wedges. Pull up the Xfactor instructions and read the rear directions.
This, but the bumpstops need to go forward. RK makes a rear parallelogram stop for that reason.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
Synergy also makes their rear bumpstops like rock krawler I believe. Thats what I have with my x-factor and I love it.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:59 AM
JK Junkie

switch them for the shorter lowers ? RK now has a part number for shorter uppers too.

If you decide on the longer uppers, The axle is moved back around 1 inch. You need coil wedges, and The sway bar needs to be moved back 1"
Old 08-21-2015, 06:05 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What everyone is saying is largely correct. Those arms require upper adjustable control arms.

RK

Quick Reply: Questions about Rock Krawler Rear LCA's