Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Questions about bumper

Old 08-06-2012, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about bumper

im looking for a mid legth bumper perferably without a winch for now. I want it to have a bull bar. I have looked at the smittybuilt and the spyder but i know i want something in flat or textured black. wanting to spend around $600. Im open for any suggestions.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Former Vendor

Hey hkscivic,

Have you considered the Rugged Ridge Bumper? It is textured black and is modular so you can add the hoop overrider and stubby ends to make it a mid-width like I believe you're looking for. Here's a link to the bumper!

Here is the Hoop Overrider.

Here is the set of Stubby Ends.

This all comes in under $600 with our free shipping, and you can PM me for a discount code for another 6% off of the order. Hopefully this helps you out!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

I am looking for at the rugged ridge with the winch, bull hoop, and stubby end caps. What's the going rate for something like this?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor

Phill,

Those parts would run you $522.89 shipped. You can use the same links above for the ends and overrider, and here is the link to the winch mount bumper!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by XTJim
Hey hkscivic,

Have you considered the Rugged Ridge Bumper? It is textured black and is modular so you can add the hoop overrider and stubby ends to make it a mid-width like I believe you're looking for. Here's a link to the bumper!

Here is the Hoop Overrider.

Here is the set of Stubby Ends.

This all comes in under $600 with our free shipping, and you can PM me for a discount code for another 6% off of the order. Hopefully this helps you out!
thats actually exactly what im looking for. Thanks i have about $150 more before i can order all this but i will definatly PM you before i do.

Bryan
Old 08-06-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would definitely recommend the Smittybilt XRC. You may have already looked at it, but here to tell you it's awesome! I love the look and texture of mine! You won't be disappointed!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

i ended up going with the Rugged Ridge Modular bumper with the stubby ends and Bull bar. Ordered Friday, recieved it on monday and got finished installing it on tuesday night in about an hour and a half.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep9.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	371436  
Old 09-27-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

From past experience and multiple testimonies from friends who either had a Rugged Ridge or Smittybilt, their coatings SUCK. Without a doubt it will rust fast on you. Again, just my opinion.....sure a bunch of people are gonna chime in who have one. If you're gonna go that route, get a cheap ass bare steel bumper and spend the extra on a good powder coat or flat black.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Check out JCR Off-Road Bumpers. Made in the USA, quality bumpers. I love mine, they come bare steel. Have them powder coated.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The bumper looks great! So if you wanted to add a winch to that would you just drill some holes into the 1/4 in steel and throw it on top of it? I went with the LOD Signature Mid with front winch bumper. Drove around for a month without the Winch until I got the funds to buy a winch. Yours looks good jeepers love to mod let us know what your next project is

Quick Reply: Questions about bumper