Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question - Upgrading Steering Stabalizer

Old 05-23-2008, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question - Upgrading Steering Stabalizer

What is the best option for upgrading the OEM steering stabalizer now that I'm on 35's and a 3" lift? I see brackets available that will move the OEM mounting point, and I see replacement stabalizers that aren't that expensive. So what's the preferred choice?
Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my opinion, but stay away from SuperLift. It's too fat and bangs against the trackbar and drag link. Woods relocation bkt is a good thing. Look for those with the smallest diameters.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Im still using the stock stabilizer, so I cant reccomend a replacement. However, I do recommend relocating it with a bracket. I have one from Woods and I love it.

www.4xfix.com
user: jeep
pass: forum
Old 05-23-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Woods kit too and like it. I also run a stock stabilizer. It's my understanding through reading on here and talking with a few people that the stock unit is sufficient even for larger tires, as long as it's in good shape. I've seen several members here say that they switched from a stock unit to something "better" and saw no improvement at all.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

i am using the teraflex one and i love it. night and day. my stock one was shot and at 38 bucks you cant beat the price
Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep
i am using the teraflex one and i love it. night and day. my stock one was shot and at 38 bucks you cant beat the price
Is the Tereflex stabalizer any 'better' than the OEM, and would you still recommend moving it with a bracket?
Old 05-23-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

bump...any more recommendations?
Old 05-23-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jerzeyjeep
what is the part number for the teraflex my Canadian authorized teraflex retailer has no info or idea on this part.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Big Clint
bump...any more recommendations?
I don't have anything yet, what I plan to do is the relocate bracket and maybe down the road throw in an aftermarket stabilzer.

If you get an aftermarket stabilizer now, still do the relocation if you plan on doing any rocky offroading. It doesn't improve performance, just moves it up out of the way.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
what is the part number for the teraflex my Canadian authorized teraflex retailer has no info or idea on this part.
Quadratec part #16195.0100

Quick Reply: Question - Upgrading Steering Stabalizer