Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question on upgrading lift????

Old 06-05-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on upgrading lift????

Right now I have a 4 inch lift and looking to upgrade to the rough country 6inch lift. I was told from someone actually on here but want to hear from others. But if I upgrade to 6inch and keep my 35s on there is that going to ruin my drive or anything? And not really able to drive on highway? That's what he told me. I have 5.13 in now and one day in future go 5.38 which is recommended for my auto jk and for 37s but my 35s are brand new so want to get some life out of them. Just want to know upgrading lift nothing really changes but height right?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Everything changes when you lift it, control arm lengths, caster adjustments, driveline angles, basically youre entire suspension geometry which will make it less able to drive on the road unless you do it right. IMHO Rough Country does not know how to do it right at 6 inches.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racin444
Everything changes when you lift it, control arm lengths, caster adjustments, driveline angles, basically youre entire suspension geometry which will make it less able to drive on the road unless you do it right. IMHO Rough Country does not know how to do it right at 6 inches.
Who would you recommend at 6inches? Was also thinking fabtech but who u say?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Why would you need a 6" lift anyways? Keep the 4 and flat fender it. Say a lot of headaches with driveline and keep it lower. Just a thought.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Buckeye1982
On a 6" lift, You need all adjustable control arms, trackbars, pitman arm, drop trackbar brackets, bump stops.

We only sell the 6" kit in our long arm version. Its to much lift for a short arm kit.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Buckeye1982
At 6 inches you have a lot of things you need to address and I know of few suspension systems that to it right. For example, Teraflex, Currie, Full Traction and EVO just to name a few. 6 inches is gonna get expensive due to needing more parts to return the suspension geometry to stock at that height.

As for myself I am just going with a Teraflex 3" kit and running flat fenders for 37s. I dont need to get a long arm kit or replace the stock driveshafts for a while therefore Im saving tons of money. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Question on upgrading lift????