Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question for those with teraflex 2.5 inch sl

Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for those with teraflex 2.5 inch sl

I have a 09 4dr rubicon. I have upgraded the wheels to alloys and the tires to 33x12.5/15 mt's. When im going over 50 mph on mildly bumpy pavement, the jeep shakes abit, moreso than when I had the stock tires. Otherwise, it rides well. My question is when I get the tereaflex 2.5 inch spring lift, will this help my ride in these situations? If anyone has this lift feel free to chime in. Suggestions also appreciated.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

the spring lift should ride like stock if not a little better. but your problem is probably cause by a tire that is not properly balanced, does it do the shimmy at 50 on smooth roads too?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Junkie

For me the ride got much smoother when I got the lift. Granted I think much of that came from going from the stock X shocks to the OME shocks.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

When im going over 50 mph on mildly bumpy pavement, the jeep shakes abit, moreso than when I had the stock tires.
So it shook with stock tires also, just not as much?

Or it is shaking with the new tires only, and did not shake with stock tires?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by moosey4
I have a 09 4dr rubicon. I have upgraded the wheels to alloys and the tires to 33x12.5/15 mt's. When im going over 50 mph on mildly bumpy pavement, the jeep shakes abit, moreso than when I had the stock tires. Otherwise, it rides well. My question is when I get the tereaflex 2.5 inch spring lift, will this help my ride in these situations? If anyone has this lift feel free to chime in. Suggestions also appreciated.
It will probably ride the same, or just a very slight bit stiffer. I cannot see how it would help dampen anything you have going on. I would suggest inspecting your steering stabilizer and make sure it's in good condition.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

On smooth roads, it rides fine. Its just shaky going fast on hwy that has bumps.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Then stay off bumpy highways.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just installed my 2.5" sl today and from what I've experienced so far it drives better than stock. I took it on the highway up to 75 and it tracks perfect, and doesn't do anything strange over bumps or potholes.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Then stay off bumpy highways.
He is right Jeeps are not made for that kind of abuse.

I like my 2.5 tf lift. Mine seems stiffer that stock which makes it ride better.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Always check these two things first after new lift and tires;

1) Tires are properly inflated, lug nuts are tight, tires were properly mounted and balanced (if there are no weights attached to any of the wheels, chances are they are not balanced). Some of the 4-Wheel Parts stores have a reputation for charging customers for balancing, but never doing it. An unbalanced tire would cause what you are experiencing.

2) Re-torque the bolts on the whole suspension. Then make sure that the new suspension parts are greased (they come dry from the factory).

My 2.5" TF spring kit rides better than stock.

Quick Reply: Question for those with teraflex 2.5 inch sl