Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question for those with the Hypertech programmer?

Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Max Power with an AEM cold air intake and Banks exhaust installed, and have no problems with the Jeep running lean.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano9969
Well, for good or bad I received the answer to my problem today. Due to the fact I'm running an Airaid intake and throttle body, headers and a cat back the Hypertech is causing my engine to run too lean. They do not have a program for engine mods to include air filters. The two programs that are included with the unit are for completely stock engines and exhaust. They suggested to reload the factory program and said they may eventually have support for performance air filters but that's it.

I now have a $350.00 speedo adjustment tool.

On the bright side, their support is very responsive...
It would seem that the average person buying a programmer such as this would be pretty much in the exact same boat, on average likely an aftermarket high flow air filter and an exhaust. On my 6 speed 2 door I have a CAI, headers and exhaust and never felt that I was getting much of anything from the Hypertech.

Perhaps this explains things or suggests they aren't at all surprised with people not seeing much in the way of a performance gain. The use of their programmer should still monitor exhaust gas temperatures through the ECM and correct the air fuel mixture. If they can't get that little piece right, and can't deal with modest upgrades to the intake and exhaust they are truly doing people a disservice and potentially harm to their engines with a lean air/fuel mixture.

Quick Reply: Question for those with the Hypertech programmer?