Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question for those with the Hypertech programmer?

Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech

I think if you have a stick it wont be as noticable at all. If you have auto you need the full monty
Old 01-01-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a manual and I can definately feel the impovement in accleration with my hypertech. I wind out first gear and it feels awesome.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
I have a manual and I can definately feel the impovement in accleration with my hypertech. I wind out first gear and it feels awesome.
I don't and this may be why, for me, the Hypertech hasn't seemed like much of a performance improvement. I would really like to feel the improvement while in cruise headed up a steep long uphill. But I don't.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I don't and this may be why, for me, the Hypertech hasn't seemed like much of a performance improvement. I would really like to feel the improvement while in cruise headed up a steep long uphill. But I don't.
This is what I've been hearing. The power gain is hardly noticable. Thats why I'm thinking of getting the accu pro and putting the $180 difference towards 4.88 or 5.13 gears.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt you'll regret your decision since you won't have any idea how much difference it really makes.

I challenge anyone with a Hypertech to put the stock program in and drive around for a while. Then put in the Power Programmer (Regular or Premium) and drive the same circuit. If you don't notice a difference, I would guess either 1. you have something wrong with your JK, or 2. I'm a victim of the placebo effect. To me the difference is quite noticeable and appreciated!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kflash
When I go to update the Hypertech, do I need to return to stock first, or simply hook it back up and load the updated programming?
Yes, you have to return the JK to stock before you can update the hypertech.
It wont take if the unit shows that it is still holding your stock vehicle info. (I have tried)

The updates are worth it. Program to stock, update hypertech, and reprogram the JK. Enjoy
Old 01-03-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Install Hypertech??

Has anyone installed a Hypertech in a JK with the NAV System, factory remote start, and SAT Radio? In their instructions they report you should remove the fuses for this equipment. I cannot find the fuses for these items. How can I install without removing the fuses?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Idle issues

I first set mine up for premium gas and the idle was very rough seemed to be missing. I reprogrammed it to standard fuel and the roughness went away until this past weekend. It has now started to backfire through the air intake under acceleration. Not too happy with the product so far but I've just reached out to Hypertech for help. I'll let everyone know how their support rates.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2009 Sahara Unlimited with Nav, Remote Start, & Sat radio. I have been waiting to see when (if) HyperTech is going to release a programmer for the '09's. I emailed them and they said it should be some time in the future.

Does anybody else have a 2009 with a MaxEnergy on their "wish list"?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 6 speed and will be lifting it soon. should i get one of these or just the speedo calibration one, i am not a hot rodder in my jeep by any means but would like to be able to cruise 75-80 if that makes a difference...

also in the manual it says that you shouldnt use anything but regular gas in the engine because of the injectors or somthing, and if you run premium in there it will actually hurt performance. i might be wrong but am pretty sure i remember reading that the first or second time i filled up.

Quick Reply: Question for those with the Hypertech programmer?