Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question for those with the Hypertech...

Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With all three power mods together, its a huge difference on the Hywy. It only down shifts now when its going up a hill , like normal . I did all three and I will save re-gearing for the very last thing I do. Lets say it will be the icing on the cake mod.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm only running 33s with stock 2:73 gearing and after tuning with the Hypertech Max Energy it made a difference! I'm very happy with how it turned out. Yes it was expensive, but fixing my speedo, getting the Jeep to shift in the powerband it was supposed to, and more power and MPG to boot makes it worth it!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by armycop
Thanks for the input. I am still not looking forward to paying over a grand to re-gear for a while. If I can get a slightly noticable difference in power/torque from a $379 part I can plug in myself, it may be enough for me. I just need a little more ooooomph going up hills on the long stretches of highway.

I guess those long hills going up I-44 starting to wear you out

My TJ with 31's just dies everytime I ever tried it. Damn 4 cylinder.

I will be very interested in the outcome of this thread.

Mike
Old 03-07-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed mine this morning. I definately can feel the difference on take-off from a light and also going up a small hill to work. I also noticed that my MPG started to climb slightly. But its only 7 miles to work and city driiving. It definately took away the sluggishness from adding the new rubber.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

anyone seeing an increase in mpg with the hypertech
Old 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I am installing one this weekend on our 4 door JK and will let you know what I
Think about it.

David

Do you get it installed yet? What's your impression?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Fatboy

Warranty question here: Will the shop be able to detect it was on there if you remove it before taking it in for service? I would have to assume, if identified, that it would blow the warranty...
Old 03-11-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you revert back to factory programming, thats it...It's factory programming!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Fatboy

So, different than a chip I assume. When I was thinking of modding a Cobra with a chip I was advised against it because they would be able to tell it was there at one point, thus negating the warranty...
Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, on the Hypertech website it does say that the programmer will not void a warranty, but then again if its engine related damage then yes a programmer would be what they use to get out of it.

Hmmmm. I trust that when the programmer is used to "Restore Factory Program" it is taking the factory program it saved to the device and putting it back into place on the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Question for those with the Hypertech...