Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Question for those with the Hypertech...

Old 03-06-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question for those with the Hypertech...

I am wondering if with a 6-speed trans, 4.10 gears and 35" tires, will the Hypertech be enough to bring back the missing power on the highway. Based on real-world use, now that some people have sucessfully installed it, I want to know if by the seat of the pants feel, did the Hypertech give you enough power to forget about regearing.

I am not ready to regear yet, but I want a bit more push from the engine on the highway. I am looking for real world results, not a negative response from people who do not own the Hypertech please. I already have the Borla cat back and the K&N

Last edited by armycop; 03-06-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can tell you that with 35's and 4.88's the power increase was noticable, so with 4.10's im sure it will be even more noticable
Old 03-06-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Going to get mine today...we will see!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

likely you will notice the difference, but it won't be comparable to actually re-gearing.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

You wont feel an increase in horsepower. The increases you will feel will be an increase in torque. There is another thread on here that had dyno charts and a breakdown of the stock/regular fuel tune/premium fuel tune horsepower and torque levels. With the premium fuel tune there was in increase of 24 ft pounds of torque at just 1500 rpm. That ladies and gentlemen is going to be very noticeable when trying to take off from a light or when trying to crawl over something large off road. I'm normally not a big fan of tuners coming from the 5.0 Mustang world. They normally don't make enough power to justify the purchase but seeing the dyno charts for this tuner I'm very impressed. Also you can adjust the speedometer and tachometer for both re-gears and larger tires. I'm going to be buying the product for certain. I think the dyno charts were in a thread on the vendor/manufacturer forum.

Ty
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Found it!

Here ya go.

Ty
Old 03-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am installing one this weekend on our 4 door JK and will let you know what I
Think about it.

David
Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Jedi

Thanks for the input. I am still not looking forward to paying over a grand to re-gear for a while. If I can get a slightly noticable difference in power/torque from a $379 part I can plug in myself, it may be enough for me. I just need a little more ooooomph going up hills on the long stretches of highway.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A BETA tester with a 6 speed and 35s said that it made a pretty big diffrence for him and made 5th usable again. I don't own a Jeep so I can't say first hand, but that is what I've been told.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:51 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Darnell
A BETA tester with a 6 speed and 35s said that it made a pretty big diffrence for him and made 5th usable again. I don't own a Jeep so I can't say first hand, but that is what I've been told.
Do you know what the specs were on it? Gears? 2/4 door? Regular/Premium gas?

Quick Reply: Question for those with the Hypertech...